HID Question

onenighter712

5+ Year Member
hey guys, i jus received the 5300K dual hi/low beam Bohmen kit from superhids.com. Thanks EK9, but I was wondering about the install. . where is the best place to the h4 baseholder and wiring harness. i know the conversion kits come with the box that i guess is drilled somewhere under the hood.

i'm kinda clueless on the install aspect, but not so clueless on the actual HID's. I did my research on clubcivic for weeks now on it, that's why i decided on putting back my stock headlamps and getting the pure white for most visiblity. blah blah basically, and i'm definitely not DIY on this project. $410 is a bit too much to risk on mediocrity such as me

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not hard, but it will take time to do a really clean install. I'm guessing you have the ballest and igniter to hide?
Step 1. Be sure your kit actually works. Put the wires together, plug it into the car and turn it on. It should light right up. If not, time to talk to the seller. If all works go onto step 2.
Step 2. Pull off your bumper and take out the head lamps. I'm assuming you know how to do this.
Step 3. Put your bulbs into the housing. This will protect your bulb while you're fumbling around with everything else. Also you'll be able to pull all the wires and gaskets through easier then if the housing was still in the car.
Step 4. Figure out where you want to hide your ballests and igniters. Here are some pics where I hid mine.

I have the passenger side ballest right behind the headlamp. Secure it down with zip ties. Since the stock air box is still there, I have the igniter slid in between the box and fender.

On the driver side, there isn't a whole lot of room so the ballest tucked right in between the firewall and the another mount. I didn't even have to secure that one it was so snug. I loomed the wiring and just ran it to the headlamp.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
onenighter712 said:
need pics
Pics are up. G/L on the install.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
onenighter712 said:
how is your light output? did u retrofit or put the hids directly into the stock headlights?
In stock housing. They are a lot brighter then halogens. Although, you do get some hotspots, but overall not too bad. I never got flashed from on-comers nor pulled over. You are not going to get any realy cut-off unless you do the retro fit.

Tmak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same kit a while back, didn't like the output at all. The color was nice, but that's just cosmetic.

Sold the kit, and did retrofit instead. much better