hid with projector headlight problem

sschaefer17

Alright so I just installed some ddm hids into my halo projector headlights I had gotten from ebay. Yes i realized ebay isn't the best, but am on a budget. So when I tested everything out the light output on my hids were angled and not an even stream of light like they are supposed to be. I did take the metal shield off of the bulb those because it wouldn't fit in my housing. Is that why my hids are not giving an even stream of light?

Second question is that I have an H4 Hi/Low kit , but I cant figure out why there is no difference between the high beams and low beams. Do you have to modify anything for them to work or should it automatically work when you flick on high beams. Feel like this is a stupid question.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The projector lights you bought might not take the h4 bulb. They usually come with smaller bulbs than the oem h4 bulb.

sschaefer17

Yeh i mean they fit fine, I just had to bend the metal piece that fastened it in. Just don't get why the light output is not a solid stream of light. The headlights originally had H1 bulbs

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H.I.D. bulbs aren't high and low, that isn't possible. The only way there is a high beam is if they attached a halogen bulb to the h.i.d. bulb housing or the little shield you ripped off was meant to angle the beam upwards when clicked over to high beam. You aren't fitting a dual h4 bulb in an h1 hole, there is no way unless you widened the hole...it is impossible.

Your light output is s*** because you ghetto rigged the wrong bulbs into housings that they were meant for.

Please post a picture of said bulbs to clarify what bulbs you actually have.

Last edited:

sschaefer17

Picture of the housing which seems to fit bulb.

and the H4 hi/low

And I didn't rip off the shield there were two screws to undo it which I had to in order for the bulbs to fit in the housing, I could put them back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Curious on how you can put them back on when you had to take them off to fit in the housing...

The bulb pictured doesn't look like a dual hi/low bulb. Can't really tell with all the tape on it and not being able to see the plug, but it doesn't even look like an h4 bulb.

Last edited: