Honda Civic EG, 1.3 55kw > 1.6 118kw Swap '93 (Greeting from Estonia)

djelton

5+ Year Member
So, today before anything, decided to clean my boot. And I found a nice wrinkled body panel. I know, that It had an accident few years back, but since it was my mothers friend, we had a deal since the only damage seemed to be the hatch lid. But it seems, that that was much worse. But hey, no difference now:D

Anyway, since the "real" and good noise isolation products were out, I wanted to try the cheap DIY version. So bought one roll from home depot and started doing. The outcome wasn't much worse, but it still isn't as effective as the real deal. Much less effective actually, but hey, I tried:D

After that I decided to wire the parking sensors again, I don't miss them, just, if I have some electrical extra, it might as well work:D
Asukohta sai ka natukene sellel ekraanil muudetud:

And a little picture of the soldering irons "safe" location:

djelton

5+ Year Member
Today evening started like this:

I wanted to lose the Morse code in my rear lights("dot, pause, line", you'll realize this, when you look the after pics):

Removed the reflector shielding, yey to better visibility and looks:P

And a little outcome comarison picture(on the left ver.2, on the right the newer ver.3):

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very nice! I think we could all learn a thing or two from your ambition. The tinted signals is brilliant.

djelton

5+ Year Member
Nice job on the tail lights. I wouldn't have even thought of that.

nicely done, youre giving me lots of ideas for my eg hatchback

Thanks, I'd like to see my ideas on your car aswell:D

If you ever think about selling that double din console piece, PM meee!!

Clean ride, man.
Nope, I'm never going to sell my double din:D It's hard to find it here in Estonia too and I know it's value. I almost bought myself a backup one for reaaaaallly cheap, but the guy crashed the car and didn't get a hold of it anymore:S

Very nice! I think we could all learn a thing or two from your ambition. The tinted signals is brilliant.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it=)

Despide the cold weather(-20 to -30'C or -4 to -22'F) I decided to occupy myself with some DIY jobs.

First I messed with the fuel reserve light for 1.5hours in the cold, I got the wiring ok and the test showed, that everything is OK. Now I just have to drive the tank emptier and I will know, if I need a new sensor:S

On the weekend I did a little interior work, because I want to get myself a full black interior, so this was just one step. First I started with stripping the old fabric and cleaning:

Then I added a little foam like thing(don't know the english word for it), so the black leatherette would sit more soft and not with a cheap plastic look and feel:

Then covered the trunk walls with some kind of subwoofer enclosure fabric, because I never liked Civic's plastic trunk sidewalls-.-

The biggest f**king trouble was with leatherette. I just couldn't get it right. Every other material was ok, but this one sucked. I'm planning to do a little error correction someday and fully remake in the summer, but it's ok for now, not bad for a first timer:D

And not to get a "only-1-fabric" look, I covered the rear armrest with "Jaguar" fabric and it looked good.

So, plugged everything back together and mounted in. It wouldn't want to go in properly because of the sound isolation and the fabric, but I put them under a little pressure(you can see some footprints on the pictures lol) and I'm hoping the cold weather will do it's job on them.

Interior view:

Feels quite good under the arm and looks decent. I have to gather some money for now, so I could do the pillars and the roof lining black and bring a new black dash, front door panels, floor mat, seat belts and seats from Lithuania, then it would be complete:P

I did a little photoshop too from the idea(I'd like to cover the rear seat with leather, not just get black fabric):

On the other subject than interior I can say, that the car runs ok. Even after 4days of standstill in the really cold weather and then starting with -25'C/-13'F is quite a ok result, considering that many of my friends cars didn't start today:D

djelton

5+ Year Member
And to darken the front a little, I made door inserts with black Jaguar fabric as well. Now I gotta only wait till autumn/summer and get door black door plastics from Lithuania and mount them together, that should look nice:P

First removing the old fabric, which came loose nicely:

And then i primered and painted the window switches and door pockets with satin matte black paint. The outcome was good, not too matte, not too glossy:

There was no wrinkles on the fabric, I only had to cut one place to make everything nice and smooth:

Waiting for assembly:

And inside the car:

BrandonTCanada

you got some nice DIY stuff in your car. its gave me lots of ideas. really inspiring. Great job on the build! keep posting!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Those door inserts look nice! I just finished putting red suede in mine, it was a pain to do, and you did way more than me, so I know how much work it was.

djelton

5+ Year Member
Yes, it's quite the pain, but you are so pleased when you finish it:D

Since I managed to brake my old woofer driving to school, I couldn't postpone installing my new subwoofer, that had been sitting in the garage for 6months now:D
The subwoofer is JBL GT5-12 and as the name hints, it's 12", 275W RMS, 1100W MAX, that will be powered by my old amp Kenwood KEC-921, bridged with 200W RMS and 390W MAX, which is obviously not enough, so I'm going to raise a little money and buy a decent mono-amp. But this will do for now:D

Since I want my boot space and like the hide-away idea, I installed it to the trunk flooring without a case for now. It seemed pretty good for now, but I'm going to do a case under there as well:D

Then theres only left to do the case underneath, find a grill for it and wrap it in cloth.

Then I started cleaning the rear 6x9 speakers, which have began to crackle. I tried to clean them, but only half-succeeded, because only one speaker got fixed, the other one still rattles. I have to look into that some other day again:D

And since the wobbly rear panel had been f**king with my mind for a long time, I wanted to stiffen it up with some plywood, which gave pretty good results:

Ow, I overdid the rear interior leatherette with a hairdryer and they got more tighter and beautiful:D

djelton

5+ Year Member
Since a guy from ClubEG6 inspired me to post, I thought I'd update, what has been going on=)

Basically I'll give a brief overview what has been going on:

Wrapped the boot (at first as a joke, but it's still like that):

Then tested the wheels again:

Since the winter killed the car a little with the rust, I made a quick DIY fix:

Trololololo:

djelton

5+ Year Member
Then I thought, that maybe it's time to fix my summer-wheels:

(And just to show, how BIG the boot is)

And under the car:

djelton

5+ Year Member
Then the StanceBug bite me & I started with the lowering process:

I also didn't feel like these wheels fit to my Civic, they were more like a Golf type things, so I sold them:

For a while, I traveled like this:

djelton

5+ Year Member
And Stance some MOAR (Basically a really solid solution but I don't know if you like it. It's chopped in the frond + modded not to be f**ked up and in the rear there went chopped old Mercedes springs + modded system):

Since I can't roll long on 13" steelies I needed something else, so I found these. A inch-two too small, but they'll do:

I might say, MEGUSTA:

(Bonus comparison with stock height)

djelton

5+ Year Member
Then came the project which I like to call Project NewspaperRoof:

(Bonus: Rusty magazine feature here)

djelton

5+ Year Member
After that I decided to upgrade my sound a little:

Random bonus shots:

AND THEN, something:

djelton

5+ Year Member
Basically we went from Estonia-Latvia-Lithuania-Poland-Germany-Netherland-Belgium and back, total around 5500km(3200something miles), with 4 people, WOW.

I could say things were a little tight:

Yes, all that on the picture(+me) fitted into my little Civic:

Finally TOMORROWLAND:

Our company:

It was f**kedupepic!!!

djelton

5+ Year Member
After coming back, I stanced it more:

Found decent amber lights:

And did some other random s**t:

djelton

5+ Year Member
Then I found out that our capital, Tallinn, roads hate me:

Changed a few things and nothing bothered me again=)

This is how it sat:

After that I had some gearbox problems, so the car sat for a few months while I gathered money and my friend helped me fix it:(