Honda S2000 CR & Mugen Open-Top Pure Sport Concept.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll start off first, with the S2000 CR ... click the link, and look to the bar up top lol

"Introducing the next lineup in the legacy lineage of the Honda S2000: the S2000 CR. The S2000 CR's goal is simple: maximize pure potential on a racetrack by substantially improving track times through enhanced chassis balance and feel. It's lighter: a sleek and aerodynamic aluminum hard top replaces the standard S2000 soft top. When removed, the CR is approximately 90 pounds lighter. Air conditioning and stereo become optional equipment. It's an aggressively track-tuned suspension: taut new chassis, quicker steering ratio, wider rear tire size and increased structural bracing give the S2000's already exceptionally rigid platform the added control any sport enthusiast would desire. It's an aggressive stance: the aerodynamic package is tuned to reduce lift at track speeds. Yet the S2000's heritage—uncompromising, racetrack-ready performance and its surprisingly compatible, everyday usability—remain constant. The 237-horsepower, 2.2-liter, 16-valve DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine, the short-throw 6-speed manual transmission, the perfect 50/50 weight balance and the iconic tenacious handling all keep the S2000 CR the purest of true roadsters. The end result is pure adrenaline. The club racer-inspired 2008 Honda S2000 CR. Strap in come fall 2007 when the S2000 CR joins the sports car ranks as an entirely new S2000 trim level. And get racetrack ready."

http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/index.asp

And here is the Mugen "Open Top Pure Sport Concept".

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm sorry but i think that car looks like pure ass. . . :( i'm disappointed in honda now. :(

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the new CR....all i see is a front lip and rear spoiler...car looks the same to me...as far as the mugen one....mugen is so good at what they do...i love all their civics....except i think it needs a full windshield.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The more I see the CR, the more I like it. As for the concept, its a concept, so it has to look bizarre. The only aspects of it I really like are the ones taken from the AP2

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw the CR a while ago.. its pretty nice..

99civicEx908

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well the one i got isnt a concept lol talking to one of the reps there.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99civicEx908 said:
well the one i got isnt a concept lol talking to one of the reps there.
the CR goes on sale this fall..

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
for the new CR....all i see is a front lip and rear spoiler...car looks the same to me...as far as the mugen one....mugen is so good at what they do...i love all their civics....except i think it needs a full windshield.
The CR features..

-Stiffer Suspension
-Black w/ Yellow Stitch Seats/Shift Boot/Door Panels/Steering Wheel
-Different Wheels w/ VERY good Bridgestone tires (the same that were on the NSX-R)
-Different Shift Knob
-No Motorized Soft Top
-Toneau Cover
-Approx. 90lbs Lighter
-Aero Lip/Spoiler
-Limited Quanities

and obviously a special shade of blue thats not offered on ordinary AP2s

EDIT: Now after reading the first post, I see that all of that has already been posted.. haha.. damn I should read first!

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh...the Mugen one does need a full windshield. I'm perplexed as to why there are no increases in performance (hp/tq wise)

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It could look better.. but the performance wise stuff sounds good... I like this top the best...But ive only seen it on Japanese cars.. they need to add this hard top to it..

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Old news, and they're both ugly as s**t.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love the blue cr its sexy! They should have just went with the hard top. the white s2k is hot too

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh..I think the S2K looks fine the way it is.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The things I like about the CR:
-No softtop, when I buy my s2k I was considering removing it anyways and going w/a hard top
-better suspension and tires
-the tanau cover
Interior's alright red stitching would look much better and that blue is ugly like a wannabe m3 blue.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like absolute s**t. This is old news...