hot manifold??

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
ok, im sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i thought id share a pic of my friends rb20det swapped 240, for those who dont know nissan engine codes thats a turbo r33 skyline motor. anyways heres a pic after we left a little bit of rubber on the road. sorry bout the quality it was with no lights around and my camera phone.....sorry its a link but i'll get that fixed

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummmmm...... The RB20DET was pressent in many of the lower model skylines, including the R32, R33, R34, and a few of the earlier models as well. This engine was also present in the 200zr, a 300zx with an I6, like tradition, and was slightly smaller. The RB20DET was intresting when it was debued, but why the RB20DET for his 240? Nissan makes a slew of engines that would have been awsome for the 240 swap. Im not really impressed, primarilly cause im working on a rb26dett swap in to my 300zx and making it awd, now, you guys making the auzzies fav, the rb30det or rb30dett, that would be awsome. bottom of the RB30E and top of the RB25DET or RB26DETT

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, but yeah, this is the engines from lowest model of the R33, to hightest. RB20DE, RB20DET, RB25DET, and finally RB26DETT

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn get that dude some heat wrap

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
DAF said:
but why the RB20DET for his 240?
he chose the rb20det because everyone does the SR swap, and he didnt go with the 25 or 26 because he got a really good deal on the 20. he's actually thinking about taking it out and going to the 25. ummmm if i remember right the rb26dett doesnt fit in the 95 style 240 without rerouting your brake lines, under the hood. Right now he has an injector thats stuck open, so shes not running too good, and at .91 bar hes using 92% of his injectors so he's gonna upgrade to larger injectors anyway. and also he plans on putting the s15 rear end in there so he has possi.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2.0crx said:
he chose the rb20det because everyone does the SR swap, and he didnt go with the 25 or 26 because he got a really good deal on the 20. he's actually thinking about taking it out and going to the 25. ummmm if i remember right the rb26dett doesnt fit in the 95 style 240 without rerouting your brake lines, under the hood. Right now he has an injector thats stuck open, so shes not running too good, and at .91 bar hes using 92% of his injectors so he's gonna upgrade to larger injectors anyway. and also he plans on putting the s15 rear end in there so he has possi.
The Rb20det isnt that bad of an engine, its just the SR20DET produces the same amout of power as it does. The RB20DET is also, sadly, about the same size as the SR20DET. A RB26DETT is a fairly large engine yes, but I think youd be suppriced to see how easy it is to swap in to a 240sx. The Z31 is easier though, Ive seen v8 put in them w/out any firewall problems. The RB25DET would have been a good choise though. Yeah its a bit more expinsive, you you can nab the headers and the turbos of the 26 and have a 280 hp monster. Right now, assuming hes stock, hes pushing 210 to 220 hp, if it was running right. The SR20 produces about the same amount.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAF said:
ummmmm...... The RB20DET was pressent in many of the lower model skylines, including the R32, R33, R34, and a few of the earlier models as well. This engine was also present in the 200zr, a 300zx with an I6, like tradition, and was slightly smaller. The RB20DET was intresting when it was debued, but why the RB20DET for his 240? Nissan makes a slew of engines that would have been awsome for the 240 swap. Im not really impressed, primarilly cause im working on a rb26dett swap in to my 300zx and making it awd, now, you guys making the auzzies fav, the rb30det or rb30dett, that would be awsome. bottom of the RB30E and top of the RB25DET or RB26DETT
You lost me at RB :???:

Nice dude :thumbs up post up some daytime pics of the car and engine bay :D

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I plan on it, the car is ganna be stripped by the end of july, and the engine is ganna go in around Dec, the swap should be on the road by april, pending tests. I plan on making a dvd to show how to do it, its accually pretty easy. Thanks to the z31 and the R32 sharing the same chassis