hot manifold??

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
ok, im sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i thought id share a pic of my friends rb20det swapped 240, for those who dont know nissan engine codes thats a turbo r33 skyline motor. anyways heres a pic after we left a little bit of rubber on the road. sorry bout the quality it was with no lights around and my camera phone.....

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doubling posting ftl
You should have put your tongue on the mani.
Good laughs.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ibtl and you shold lite a cigarette off it. i did ona turbo diesel generator before.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i've gotten the manifold on a 240sx glowing red hot... and it wasnt even turbo'd.

but there was something really wrong with that motor, i forget what.... it died, i tried to drive it back to the dealership i was working with at the time.
by the time i got back to the lot the car wouldnt run anymore, the manifold was glowing red, and it needed a new motor

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have no idea what thats a pic of.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that be the exhaust manifold. glowing red hot. it does that when you push too much boost..or even sometimes just a little it will do that. but usually when your in ful boost and not moving..like in a burnout situation. or on a dyno. anyone can do that to any car that is turbo. but when that happens you usually run the risk of hurting sumthing. its cool to see..but not cool when your turbo gives out.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also dude with the pic...what car was that in???? and can you get reall good daylight shots of the downpipe? pm me if you can. one more thing...is that a six bolt downpipe or a five bolt? i noticed that it sort of looks like the turbo comes straight down off the manifold...not an an angle of any kind. i need to fab up a downpipe for my setup using ithink the same turbo there...my only issue is finding a flange for the downpipe. pretty hard to come across with the right bends in it.

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
sorry about the double post. can someone delete the other one please. i didnt realize i did that............