How do I install New Grill on 2008 LX 2dr

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Hey guys...I'm beginning to buy parts for my little project that I am working on. I have a big question though? How do i install a brand new Grill on my civic? Does it involve removing the bumper to do it? If it does, anybody have any pics or DIY for it? I plan to put the new grill on it when i put the JDM fogs on it That im ordering next week. No money saved up this week :(

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Well that only shows how to install the fogs! but how do i take of the Grill?

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that only shows how to install the fogs! but how do i take of the Grill?
I believe you'll probably find it easier to take off the bumper cover to take off the grill. Chances are the screws are accessible from the bottom but it's probably frustrating to reach them.
B

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont have to take off the bumper but it makes it much easier. but after you take the bumper off there are 10 or so phillips screws that you just un screw, then 2 clips holding it into the bumper that come out easily

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Yeah....thanks guys :D. I was planning to install a new grill when i start installing the JDM fogs. also going to attach JDM emblem.!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah itd be a good idea to just do it all at once. once you take the grill off the bumper you will see the 2 screws that holds on the emblem too.