how do iget lots of power from my d16

solomonCRXhonda

5+ Year Member
ok i want everyones ideas and opinions on what i shoulddo to my 91 crx d16 i will be pulling the motor out and putting new rings in it so what else should i do??

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im assuming its a stock d16a6?

build it for boost...
new pistons, rods, cams, sprocket dadada...

pretty decent compression ratio from the factory for boost...

solomonCRXhonda

5+ Year Member
i dont have the money knowledge nor the experience to do a swap. so i basically want to turn the the single cam into a street demon so what should i put into it?? how far will the single cam get me with power??

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im assuming its a stock d16a6?

build it for boost...
new pistons, rods, cams, sprocket dadada...

pretty decent compression ratio from the factory for boost...
Like he said..
The more money you have.. the farther you can get with power..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you build it right like mymeryloss said and slap a decent turbo set-up on it you can make tons of power

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rebuildddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd EVERYTHING!

solomonCRXhonda

5+ Year Member
the stock block should be ok to leave in it if it isn't worn tho right?? should i put a hagher comp. pistons in it and i already have new cam valves springs and guides well the whole head is basically new

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boost is pretty much your only option if you want power out of a D or Nitrous.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nevermind, with questions like that i dont think you're anywhere near ready to have a boosted car. Read around in the forced induction more before jumping into boost. And keep away from N/A mods to avoid making a large investment for very little gain

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nevermind, with questions like that i dont think you're anywhere near ready to have a boosted car. Read around in the forced induction more before jumping into boost. And keep away from N/A mods to avoid making a large investment for very little gain
:word:

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do some basic mods and leave it at that. If anything higher compression pistons cuz your not ready for boost, maybe a mild cam, then i/h/e. Just dont get in over your head.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
honestly nothing then....

the only mods you can get is maybe CAI, Header, Full Catback System.......and that wont give you much more than 5-20whp....

research and turbo if you really want to make some power :lol:

solomonCRXhonda

5+ Year Member
well i have had boosted cars i had a 200sx completely rebuilt i had about 15 pounds of boost. but with lowering my compression then i could push more boost but that is only giving me power i lost with the compression. so cant i leave it at stock comp. and boost it??

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yes stock compression is fine...the perfect compression for boost is 9.0:1 ......ive seen ppl boost with 10.0:1 compression....but its a lot harder to tune......