How much for a paintball gun?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
either way you can't go wrong with HPA or N2. Whichever is cheapest at the field, get that.QUOTE]

Where I play you pay $5 and that includes unlimited field time and unlimited air. Last week I paid $40 (rental/paint) and we were there from 11:00-5:30.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either way you can't go wrong with HPA or N2. Whichever is cheapest at the field, get that.QUOTE]

Where I play you pay $5 and that includes unlimited field time and unlimited air. Last week I paid $40 (rental/paint) and we were there from 11:00-5:30.
good deal right there. How are their prices on paint?

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i use to play paintball alllllllll the time and i have had a variety of guns...lol but my tippman has withstood it all....rain, snow, and it still works like a charm so tippman 98 custom FTW@!!!!!#!#$#$%$#:P

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
good deal right there. How are their prices on paint?
Paint varies from $40-$50 a case, 2000 paintballs. Last time I went I believe I used Diablo NXT?? Only because my buddy said that is the better stuff. So I bought a case of that and split it with my cousin. I didn't think $40 was alot at all for a whole afternoon of fun.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use to play paintball alllllllll the time and i have had a variety of guns...lol but my tippman has withstood it all....rain, snow, and it still works like a charm so tippman 98 custom FTW@!!!!!#!#$#$%$#:P
im on my 3rd tippman, and havent had a problem with any of them, and im pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning them :lol:

pro-carbine
98 custom
X7 heavily modified

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
minor threadjack:

But let's talk about paint for a minute.

What are you guys using when the field allows you to carry on paint?
(one field I played at charged $50 to carry on paint:shock: highway robbery. )

I'm still sold on All-Star. My friends swear by Polar-Ice. I like Ice, it flies real straight, but I've had a few too many bounces. Especially when you shoot a fat dude ( I bounced literally like 10 shots off of some 400 lb guy in one game)

I wasted my money on Tippman Werks. There were quite a few busted balls in the case and ruined a lot of them. It seemed like it worked pretty good on the few that were still dry and round but there were just too many busted and flat spotted balls for me to try it again.

The new stuff from Zap (if you absolutely have to use field paint) has a nasty thick fill so no cheaters are going to wipe that stuff. but it's got nasty thick seams and it's that dark grey shell so I've actually seen them curve off like a hook shot in golf.

Brass Eagle Monster? No. they break in the hopper. they chop. they fall right out of the barrel on a blow forward marker. They suck.

So, what do you guys like?

vjf915-2

Banned
minor threadjack:

But let's talk about paint for a minute.

What are you guys using when the field allows you to carry on paint?
(one field I played at charged $50 to carry on paint:shock: highway robbery. )

I'm still sold on All-Star. My friends swear by Polar-Ice. I like Ice, it flies real straight, but I've had a few too many bounces. Especially when you shoot a fat dude ( I bounced literally like 10 shots off of some 400 lb guy in one game)

I wasted my money on Tippman Werks. There were quite a few busted balls in the case and ruined a lot of them. It seemed like it worked pretty good on the few that were still dry and round but there were just too many busted and flat spotted balls for me to try it again.

The new stuff from Zap (if you absolutely have to use field paint) has a nasty thick fill so no cheaters are going to wipe that stuff. but it's got nasty thick seams and it's that dark grey shell so I've actually seen them curve off like a hook shot in golf.

Brass Eagle Monster? No. they break in the hopper. they chop. they fall right out of the barrel on a blow forward marker. They suck.

So, what do you guys like?
Marballizer FTW

Thats why you shoot the fat guys in the head, nothing bounces off a skull or lens :lol:.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the weather finally started to cool off this week. im thinking a scenario game is in order this weekend :D

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol fat or not some shots just bounce off. Last time I played I caught one right in the solarplexis (I don't know if that's how it's spelled but the bone in the center of the chest) and it bounced off.

I've had really good luck with Marballizer paint. Back in the day I bought the last case of blood red paint in the state of New Hampshire, they said it looked too much like real blood so they stopped making it. Too bad most of it was flat sided and there were some really thin skinned balls, still awesome to look bloody though.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just picked up Vent Avatar goggles.....wow what a difference between those and rental one's they give you. Went with the all black one's, only ran me about $60. The marker didn't show up today either :(. Most likely it will show up on Monday, while I'm away at school. Plus I won't be coming home that weekend, so I'll have to wait like 2 weeks to even see it/use it.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol fat or not some shots just bounce off. Last time I played I caught one right in the solarplexis (I don't know if that's how it's spelled but the bone in the center of the chest) and it bounced off.

I've had really good luck with Marballizer paint. Back in the day I bought the last case of blood red paint in the state of New Hampshire, they said it looked too much like real blood so they stopped making it. Too bad most of it was flat sided and there were some really thin skinned balls, still awesome to look bloody though.
LOL! What fat guys give up in mobility, they make up in being naturally energy absorbant:lol:

I used to use Marballizer. It's good. I just like All-Star better.

-b18c1vic-

5+ Year Member
i bought a tippmann a-5 w e/grip (silver) a few months ago and put on a x chamber and a2 grip on it along with a 16inch deadlywind fibur w freak ss insert kit... i do have a tech t cyclone upgrade kit, but still have yet to install it... in iraq right now and these guys were building a paintball range here, so i went all out on a set up, but the damn thing fell through, so now i am stuck with 750+ woth of paintball s**t that is still brand new! i am so pissed!

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL! What fat guys give up in mobility, they make up in being naturally energy absorbant:lol:

I used to use Marballizer. It's good. I just like All-Star better.
But I'm not fat :lol: 6'2" 190lbs. I kept staring at my chest looking for the mark, hurt like a bastard though.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Gun came in yesterday.....well let's say that I'm returning it and buying one brand new. Here is the e-mail that I sent the guy I bought it from.

I opened the gun up last night when got back from class and
was disappointed at what I saw. Here's a list of the issues
upon opening it up:

1) Gun was dirty, had black marks all over the white rubber.
There was some type of hardened glue on the feed-neck and
also where the barrel screws into the body.

2) On the back of the gun the white rubber piece is falling off of
it, it's a simple fix with some super glue,but I would have liked
to known this before hand.

3) In the item description you said the gun was opened up and
was dry fired. After looking through the barrel there was debris
inside of it. Not sure how that could happen if ONLY air went
through it.

4) Went to install the battery and put the cover back on and
there were NO screws? So that means I guess I'll have to order
new ones?!

5) My BIGGEST problem was the fact that in the item description
you CLEARLY stated that the gun would include the hopper.
There was no hopper when I opened the gun up!

Please e-me back!!
Thanks,
-Jimmy-

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ that sux baboon ass y0

Last edited:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Def. does. I opened it up looked at it and just put it back in the package I was so pissed.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I got the new gun in today...same color but in better condition.
Also went and bought the Halo B loader with the V35 board. Can't wait till this weekend mini-break...I'm going to be playing all weekend long.:cool:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
SmartParts Epiphany Silver/White with Halo B Loader:

Picking up a Pure Energy 48ci 4500psi carbon fiber bottle with 2 covers...all used once for $100. woot woot