how much is too low?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at what point does how low your car is start to cause problems???...at what point do you need to install a camber kit...i was thinking about gettin the tokiko hp shocks, and the eibach springs that drop 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the back...anyone in here have this set up??

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have that setup.. the back tires looks 'cambered', it can be easily fixed with the washer trick.. front tires looks alright but the inner part of the tire was wearing out more than usual.. an aligment should help it.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.5 is pretty much max for oem spec shocks like hp. more of a drop may look cool but kill handling performance. there wont be any problems, but its a must to take your car to a alignment shop and do a alignment on all 4 wheels.

mirahe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi ,

mirahe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi ,

Is obviously that the best wear of the tire is for a camber of 0º and toe 0º , but when you put this kit you check in the workshop the alignement if you are between 0 and 1º your wear will be correct , ensure to have a 0º or maximum +30´ of toe.

If you have more than 1º your car will be very quick in the initial of the bend and the car will be more oversteer , If you have a litlle bit toe 30´ your car will have a very good control in braking. (You will wear inside the wheel ).

More than this values you will need a camber kit or not , we run with front drive cars with slicks (front 5 degrees and rear also 5º of camber)

latinochino

Jersey's Finests Cuban
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well you know your car is to low when you have to buy new tires every 3 months, lol.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no such thing as too low....

but i did notica a difference between my 6th gen and my 5th gen.....my Si was crazy slammed

and my 5th gen was slammed even lower

but ive had far less problems on my 5th gen, only had to change the tires once in the last 15 months

i say if the landscape where you live (hills, curbs, potholes, etc.) allow you to slam it, then go ahead and slam it...all you have to do is buy a camber kit for the front, some washers for the back, and then just slow down when you come to a speed bump :thumbs up

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

low.. with camber wear.. jerked to the sides.. but id never go back to anything higher.

GO LOW OR GO HOME.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like mild drops, i'm savin up for the tein h.tech springs, 1.3" front, 1" in back, mad mild drop w/ minimal gap =)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
there's no such thing as "too low"

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a car is too low when the shocks are bottoming out. the kyb agx bottom out if the drop is more then 2". most shocks cant handle more the 2inch.. it may look good.. but after too much drop, the handling performance become shitty.

66miles99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Up here in the godforsaken tundra of Canada too low is when you have to chose your route home from work carefully. You wanna make sure the snow plows have scraped the roads clean or you gonna loose that new lip you just installed....2" max..methinks..

Akuma

VSM Beeyotch!!!11
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my old accord was way low dropped with sprint springs, but i didnt have too many problems. i bought a camber kit eventually for it and that stopped me from buying new tires every 3-4 months.

in my civic i have tokico illuminas, tein s-techs, and a skunk2 camber kit for the front and some washers in the rear. its definately not low enough for my likings so i think im gettin some neuspeed race springs from another member on here in march

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trubo97civic said:
at what point does how low your car is start to cause problems???...at what point do you need to install a camber kit...i was thinking about gettin the tokiko hp shocks, and the eibach springs that drop 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the back...anyone in here have this set up??
if you cant pull into your own driveway without scraping

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you cant drag it your a faggot

I have to back in to my driveway at the PERFECT angle (which only happened 1/5 attempts) to not scrape my front lip, so I normally park on the street when it's nice out. I plan on lowering it even more. It's sexy.

HonUtd07

It's a Joke
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
if you cant pull into your own driveway without scraping
What if you come up the driveway at an angle... Does that count?

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too low is when your car wont budge and tires wont roll cuz the frame is sitting on the ground. Otherwise drop it all you want.

Akuma

VSM Beeyotch!!!11
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tokyo said:
Too low is when your car wont budge and tires wont roll cuz the frame is sitting on the ground. Otherwise drop it all you want.
:werd: