How much should I sell my 1996 Coupe EX

noncere

I blew my engine because evidently I had an oil leak and drove 310 miles and doa. Now, Im buying a used engine (88k, mechanic inspected). The body has 130k, automatic transmission, sunroof, good tires, new suspension. With the new engine, I will be changing the timing belt and water pump.
The body paint and interior are good, just normal wear and tear over the ages. I am the second owner.
Question #2- Well to change the engine, labor, pump, belt is costing me $1450. Does this sound like a good deal? The mechanic is a family friend
Thanks guys!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe it's because I'm exhausted from working 12 hours but I don't understand your post at all.

You're buying a used engine? Why? For what?

I'm so confused......

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ hes saying that he just did all this work, so after all that how much should he try to sell his car for.

and my guess would be shot for around 3500 if its a clean well running car that could go without anything other then regular manteaince

colecivic

no the mechanic is ripping u off..u can get it cheaper just loook around...plus i would sell it for 3000..fast sell..slow sell 3600

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ hes saying that he just did all this work, so after all that how much should he try to sell his car for.

and my guess would be shot for around 3500 if its a clean well running car that could go without anything other then regular manteaince
He edited his post. His original post was MUCH more confusing than what it says now. I should've quoted it...damn.

$3000-$4000 sounds about right. And $1450 sounds like way too much.

noncere

Yeah I edited, sorry about the confusion. The engine he found is an engine from Miami running at $700. He wants to charge $500 for labor, pumps, new batter and oil change giving a grand total of $1450.