how to do a great burnout in a civic

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just tried a burnout with my 17's on flat dry ground. it did it but with only one tire not two. with the 14s it did both.

wishitwasSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: HAHAHAHAH

Originally posted by laoboy0
FOOL BEE CLOWNIN IN HER LOL BURNIN WITH SPAIR TIREZ LOL. HERE ANOTHER IDEAI GET A LS SWAP SO MUCH TORQUE. YOU'LL WIN ANY BURN OUT CONTEST.
LOL SPAIRZ I'MMAH TRY THAT
am i the only one that noticed this :wtf:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too bad hes right ... i know guys with ls swaps in 4th gen's and they haul ass and have a lot of torque .... you can spin em in second with the ebrake on on dry ground.

Shyguy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wish i had some pics. Been able to smoke them up to second gear with ebrake up in stick 2000 civic ex on stocks and dry ground. Hell lot of fun

Superhonda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with an auto, you can do it the same way as the manual ( this isnt too healthy for your tranny) have it in nuetral and have it up around 3 grand. . . Shift quickly into drive from nuetral and your rpms will drop to about 2 and you only chirp the tires but you get a better start than just hitting the gas

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how some of us do it in autocross with auto, hold brake (foot) and hold gas a lil bit (not floorin it) and when u can go, nail the gas as ur takin foot off brake, it allows it to torque up a bit, not for burnout but helps a lil bit off the line with traction

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I almost break down and cry whenever I hear of someone doing a neutral drop.... :( I have never tried this but I've heard that if you use tranny fluid instead of bleach, you get a cloud that is LESS toxic, lol.

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha nice one melt, thanks for the pics and a few good laughs, keep up the "stunt" driving

Superhonda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well autos arent really made for it but YOu can still do it. . .. 96 dx hatch. . your talkin about power braking I think Doesnt that either mess your breaks up or your somethin I dont know I didnt think it was too healthy for it

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Power braking... brake torquing... etc... Is exactly how they described it. Push down the brake pedal with your left foot, then press the gas about a 1/3 of the way with your right foot, it revs up to engine so when you let go of the break you get a quicker launch since you are at higher revs on take off... it doesn't seem to be too hard on the transmission, but it is quite hard on your breaks.

mizjif

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How Do You Get A Stinkin Video On Here I Have One Of Wut We Did In My Rental Chrysler Neon!!!!!!!

mizjif

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all we did was pull up the e-brake allllll the way, (its auto) so we put it into first for more low end power and had a guy on each side of the front of the car lifting so that it got alot of weight off the front end. Once the tire got up to speed they had already let her down so once they got spinning they kept goin as long as we could. all i know is we got some hella-big smoke out of those babys w/ no water or bleach!!! hell ya...i wanna post this vid but i dunno how!!!!
can i send it to someone who will do it for me????

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can possibly host it if it is under 8mbs.

mizjif

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh by the way- the burnout we did using that technique...the tire patch didn't move an inch...there is just one square patch spun into the concrete and alota rubber sprayed back...no bleach water or anything...just nice bellowing white smoke that wrapped around the tire...