how to get rid of bird sh*t

legion

digital agent
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know how to get rid of the stuff that bird poop leaves on ur car? i just cleaned it off my car, but there's residual stuff that i can seem to get out...

Thanks!

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soap? haha...i just wash my car again every time my car gets crapped on...sux, but gotta do what ya gotta do to keep it clean...haha

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmmm.... well if you've done a full wash on the car, but it still won't come out you might want to try some polish on it. Just don't forget to wax overtop of the polish too. Remember, wax doesn't just protect your paint, it protects all of the stuff that's helping to make your paint look good (polish, sealer, glazes, etc.). After a few good coats of wax bugs, dirt and other contaminants will clean off of your car easier. I put eight coats of wax on my last car once ('97 MR EX) and I didn't have to worry about cleaning the bugs off. They just slid off while I drove. :lol: And that was during the summer time. I need to do that again....

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man.. i need to find the time to do that NOFX. since classes are done now maybe i will be able to give my car the full treatment.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i see bird s**t on my ride i get it off ASAP! Sounds like you left that bird s**t on ur ride for a while =)

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This thread's gone to sh!t! :lol:
Do what NOFX said, you'll probably have to use some sort of polish. Whenever sh!t gets on your car you should at least hose it off as soon as you notice it.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop teasing the birds LOL. You need to deal with the do-do a.s.a.p that’s the best way to deal with it. I carry my Maguire’s quick detailer in my car for such an occasion.

BIGPETE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try using either toothpaste or a clay bar. both are gentle enough they should help with minimal damage to your clearcoat which is what what the bird Sh*t has already done ( very acidic )

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmmmm....I thought it was just me.

There's a spot on my hood from spmething...like nuclear pteradactyl s**t...anyway, polish, wax, bug and tar remover, WD 40, car soap, dish soap, goop hand cleaner....nothing gets it out. You have to look at it at an angle but at that angle I see it and it bugs me...

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legion said:
anyone know how to get rid of the stuff that bird poop leaves on ur car? i just cleaned it off my car, but there's residual stuff that i can seem to get out...

Thanks!
I keep Armorall Car wash wipes in the trunk for those occasions. Try rubbing compound. A bit harsher, but won't scratch your clearcoat, but you def have to follow with glaze and wax.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
man.. i need to find the time to do that NOFX. since classes are done now maybe i will be able to give my car the full treatment.
Well, if you're in OC for the weekend, maybe I can pull myself away from the Si I have to look after (I'm detailing it for the show, so I'm making sure my customer's car is f**king clean the entire time - I do it the right way) we can do something with your car.

Damn, just remembered how I need to go through a full detail with my car soon. At least she has a nice coat of synthetic wax on her right now. New product I just tested on her and it works great. Wipes off easier than any wax I've handled before. It's Megiuar's NXT Wax, or something like that. It's in a purple bottle if anyone else wants to try it out.