How to ID H22 vs B-series injector

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
I know the difference in flow. My question is how to ID them visually? I bought a set off Craigslist and got both sets to install. Problem is it has been a year since I got them and the build has been sitting waiting to be put together. Now I am ready to install and can't tell the difference between the two.

My first set has brown tips at the nozzle like this picture here.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/htup-0804-honda-fuel-injectors-impedance-and-resistor-box/

My other set is same except black tips. Any help would be appreciated as I want the correct size installed for proper fuel delivery. I will be doing just a basic B16 swap into my 99 coupe with no massive modifications.

MotorMo

Respected
If its an older Prelude injectors that needs the resistor box ("Peak and hold" injectors), you can measure resistance of the injector....- "Peak and hold" injectors are normally around 2-3 ohms, and the B series injectors ("saturated") normally have a higher resistance of around 12-14 ohms.
If they are the Preludes saturated type injector (on later models), them I'm at a loss. They don't have any identification marks on them that I know of, but I'm curious on any info on the matter-

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Both saturated. Nice that I got them for a good price, bad I forgot which is which is which. :(