how work a FMU?

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would like to know, how work a FMU...

i have seen a guys that boosted her cars and did put it...

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and what means FMU 12:1 ?

LCheung

5+ Year Member
FMUs work by raising your fuel pressure when your car reaches boost. The 12:1 ratio signifies that the FMU raises the fuel pressure 12 psi per 1 psi of boost seen in the pressure source hooked up to it. For example, if you are looking at a conservative boost number of 6 psi, at 6 psi of boost your fuel system is now seeing an additional 72 psi of fuel pressure over stock. Probably totals up to be around 110-120 psi or so.

I normally highly urge people not to use these things, but there are many examples of them working and functioning. In my honest opinion they are nothing but an aftermarket mechanical hack that will never work properly and has serious risks and performance hits over a proper fuel system.

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank you, yes, i agree with you , i think that it's not very safe .

THankyou.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do fmu's work in conjunction with other fuel management? or are they THE source of fuel enrichment?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stealthy said:
FMU's

An fmu increases fuel pressure at the injectors. If you have a stock fuel pump, its not gonna be able to keep up with the fmu. But if you do have an aftermarket fuel pump, and still have stock injectors, the FMU will create the pressure to the injectors but the injectors arent gonna be able to spray out enough to keep up with the fuel pump. Fuel produces optimal power when atomized, it ignites much better than raw fuel will, and the higher the fuel pressure is the less atomization occurs.

As someone once said on HMT, think of it like a can of hairspray, if you take the can of hairspray and hold a lighter in front of it and push the nozzle, an atomized mist of hairspray shoots out and makes a big fireball.If you take that same can of hair spray, spray it on the ground in a puddle, it'll burn...but not nearly like the first time.

Fmu's are out dated devices used by muscle car guys with carbs bc they didnt write a new program for their ecu. The FMU will cause you to run pig rich, and they are no where near being efficient. These are old options nowadays, and who wants toasted injectors and leaned out spark plugs? They are brain dead pieces. Fmu's are by far "old school" considering your ecu chipping options that are available now, not to mention chipping your ecu is not only more effective, usefull and cheaper in the long run.

Boosting? Do it right the first time, dont skimp. it will cost you major $$$ in the end