HUGE studdering problem. . .

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've talked to soo many different people and they all have differen asnwers. and well i'm sick of it i jsut wann know what the problem really is so hopefulyl someone form here has been in myshoes so tehy can tell me.

it has a huge iddinlg problem where the car sounds liek it's damn near dying, the check engine light comes on cuz of the map sensor, so i check my missing link and clean out the pin hole, then i reset teh ECU and the light will stay off for about 30 minutes.

teh car sounds like a WRX when i slowing start off, don't get me wrong it sounds cool, but it's not supposed to sound liek that at all.

plus if i'm in 5th gear adn i jsut floor it the car studders. i hear alot that it's my fuel pump, my injectors, tuning, o2, oil pressure. . and i dunno what to think any more, it jsut sound sliek alot of expensive problems to fix. . . :roll:

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slept-n said:
i've talked to soo many different people and they all have differen asnwers. and well i'm sick of it i jsut wann know what the problem really is so hopefulyl someone form here has been in myshoes so tehy can tell me.

it has a huge iddinlg problem where the car sounds liek it's damn near dying, the check engine light comes on cuz of the map sensor, so i check my missing link and clean out the pin hole, then i reset teh ECU and the light will stay off for about 30 minutes.

teh car sounds like a WRX when i slowing start off, don't get me wrong it sounds cool, but it's not supposed to sound liek that at all.

plus if i'm in 5th gear adn i jsut floor it the car studders. i hear alot that it's my fuel pump, my injectors, tuning, o2, oil pressure. . and i dunno what to think any more, it jsut sound sliek alot of expensive problems to fix. . . :roll:

Well we can start with the missing link and tuning.

Ditch the missing link, get 440cc or bigger injectors. Conversion harness (obd2) and chipped ecu.. and take it to a respectable tuner. -> Problem fixed.

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's jsut that this problem devloped on it's own when i first turboed the car, it never got this bad ever, and it's getting owrse adn worse and i'm afraid i'm gonna blow my motor. plus now my checkengine light blinks like 3-4 times. then sometimes i'tll blink 13 times, plus i'm running rich as f**k.. . god i need money. .

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't turbo a car without proper management. Lesson learned. Just stay out of boost while driving around. It isn't hard to do. Wait untill you get the proper management.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size injectors you running? sounds like it needs to be tuned bad. Id convert to OBD-1 and tune with hondata or your choice of management

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
240cc RC's i didn't realize they were stock size til after i installed them.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol.. that sucks. just get some 440cc injectors and the obd-2 to obd-1 conv. harness,etc. and tune it. your robert arent you? met you at embassy suites with rick?

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup! you get your new wheels on? we shoudl meet up again

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah man they're on.. they're pretty sweet.

yeah def. should meet up again sometime man.

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay now its got a vac. leak, but there is no open hole. i've been lookin g at it for 2 f**kign days and its jsut pissing me off mroe and more, you cannot see it. . . i've thoroghly checked all my lines adn allt eh hook ups on the intake manifold, but nothing, i hate my car now i serisuly jsut dont want it anymore. . :( and i'm falling out of honda slowly. .

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slept-n said:
okay now its got a vac. leak, but there is no open hole. i've been lookin g at it for 2 f**kign days and its jsut pissing me off mroe and more, you cannot see it. . . i've thoroghly checked all my lines adn allt eh hook ups on the intake manifold, but nothing, i hate my car now i serisuly jsut dont want it anymore. . :( and i'm falling out of honda slowly. .
It isn't impossible to fix. Take some carb cleaner and spray it around your Throttle body and intake manifold.. if you see it suck it in or bubble you know you have a leak somewhere in there. What is it doing that justifies a vacuum leak? You won't be able see a vacuum leak unless there is a hose popped off.

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the car idles super rough, and the rpms fluxuate up and down from 900rpm to 2000 rpm. adn you can heaqr the fugger