hx wheels on my ej8

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So as I am putting on my ej8, I realize they are rubbing on my calipers. I did some research and realized that I either need to shave the calipers or get some wheels spacers. Just a thought, has anyone just put some small spacers or washers in there instead of spending money on spacers. Now, I'm not a cheap ass, but it'd be nice to be able to do it with something smaller. Anyways, anybody know any details on that? Also, wtf? lol. does the civic hx have smaller calipers or what?

2000HondaCivic

well im not sure bout the washers and stuff working on the car, but my buddy bought some wheel spacers from autozone or advanced auto i forget which one for pretty cheap and they were lightweight if thats what you r worried about when you mentioned something smaller

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do it properly and either shave the caliper or get a proper spacer. Putting random washers on your studs isn't a smart idea.

And EX/Si have bigger brakes over DX/LX/CX/HX.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyways, anybody know any details on that? Also, wtf? lol. does the civic hx have smaller calipers or what?
It's this simple, the Ex model has the larger brakes than the Hx, hence why they won't clear.
IIRC, you need a 5mm spacer.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Wheels spacers are. Daangerous thing if u don't have extended studs
When I put my hx wheels it only took about ten min each side of grinding I dnt suggest spacers they aren't any good for the weight of u vehicle just grab a grinder and have at ir

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Oh thats smart^

You only need a set of 2 for the front. With the stock wheels a 5mm spacer will be fine with stock lugs and stock studs.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Oh thats smart^

You only need a set of 2 for the front. With the stock wheels a 5mm spacer will be fine with stock lugs and stock studs.
theres more than one way to skin a cat. He can either buy spacers or grind, Honestly im not going to put my life in the hands of some quality control dude in china making cheap a** spacer that might break, If he gets the nice spacers there like $40 a piece i wouldnt spend that money to put hx wheels on. Dude its fairly easy just grind a little bit off then rub a crayon on the guard put wheels on and spin. Where ever the crayon was rubbed off of the gear is where it is still touching and continue to grind that spot. Or just buy spacers and put more stress on ur studs than what the factory calls for, Its your life your car bro I just giving MHO but alotta other foums suggest grinding

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you SHAVE an element that stops your car? This has always baffled why people do this.

If you absolutely must have HX wheels, do spacers with extended studs. Might be spending a bit more money, but at least the car is built correctly, and SAFELY; for yourself and others.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
if you have ever done it you would realize you are not shaving the caliper or any moving part of the vehicle it is the bracket the touches and honestly ur only shaving off 5mm or less of space off of the bracket nothing wrong thereso idk spend money and have it the un stock way with less threads on lug nuts just like only using the tip of ur d*** to f***. I grinded and it worked out perfect

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you SHAVE an element that stops your car? This has always baffled why people do this.

If you absolutely must have HX wheels, do spacers with extended studs. Might be spending a bit more money, but at least the car is built correctly, and SAFELY; for yourself and others.
I was thinking the same thing.

And that's the way to do it. I did the same thing as you without realizing it. Then I came to the conclusion that those wheels are too much work to try to make them fit, when they aren't even they're not even worth it.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have ever done it you would realize you are not shaving the caliper or any moving part of the vehicle it is the bracket the touches and honestly ur only shaving off 5mm or less of space off of the bracket nothing wrong thereso idk spend money and have it the un stock way with less threads on lug nuts just like only using the tip of ur d*** to f***. I grinded and it worked out perfect
What???

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's really not a big deal to shave the caliper but honestly, HX wheels aren't that great. I wouldn't do any of the above just to accommodate those wheels, just go with something that actually fits.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So many people drinking hateraid! It is perfectly safe to grind. It isn't even that much to grind off to don't get ur panties in a bunch! HX wheels are worth it. pretty damn light wheels that look good.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you grind the bracket not the caliper
wheel spacer put strain on the middle of stud because wheels dont sit flush with hub because of the spacer
I know exactly what happens; it was your horrible grammar, lack of punctuation, and Ebonics that you used to not allow me to know what you said.
It's really not a big deal to shave the caliper but honestly, HX wheels aren't that great. I wouldn't do any of the above just to accommodate those wheels, just go with something that actually fits.
:like:

Who cares how light they are. It's an EX, it's slow no matter what.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know exactly what happens; it was your horrible grammar, lack of punctuation, and Ebonics that you used to not allow me to know what you said.

Better gas mileage ftw

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP

lol TROLL why u mad huh????? Im just helping this kid out why are you so mad and bashing me??? I apologize if my grammar is not perfect enough for you or my use of ebonics is understandable by you I apologize my good SIR have a nice day

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol TROLL why u mad huh????? Im just helping this kid out why are you so mad and bashing me??? I apologize if my grammar is not perfect enough for you or my use of ebonics is understandable by you I apologize my good SIR have a nice day
LOL..... dude, She's a chick. Not a sir....