i <3 power steering?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF?? No, you have to use a B series pump and belt.
thats not entirely true..

i have a y8 PS pump on my b18c1 swap..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but a manual rack has a larger lock to lock ratio than a power steering rack. I dont think ive ever seen a pump delete kit, do you have a link? I just hit up home depot and target, built a catch can.

Removed the 2 hardlines going into the rack, installed 2 correct sized fittings. Ran 2 3/8ths hoses up to a catch can with a breather on the top. Have the fittings on teh can as low as possible to allow fluid to cycle. The can I constructed from target, which was an aluminum soap dispenser. Looked just like a profesional catch can.

Add just enough fluid to stay just about the level of the fittings, because hard cornering will spray fluid everywhere esp at high speeds. The system is under pressure so make sure its leak free.

Thats the easy part, there is something about a seal in the rack that seperates and prevents the fluid from fully cycling like a manual rack, I cant find any info tho.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0510ht_acura_integra_type_r_racecar/power_steering.html

thats the delete kit.. pretty much what you did minus the guess work..

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
I took my power steering right out, and it was the best decision i ever made. a wee bit more torque and you get to REALLY drive the car, and you get you know the limits of your car too. I'd just take out the whole system. And when i first drove it, it was kind of hard to turn(except in reverse.) but now it's really easy and when i drive my power-steering car it's not a as good.