I got bored.

silk007

ducky ducky
5+ Year Member
what did you use to get the material to stick?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the headliner i used 3M high strength trim spray adhesive and the pillars i first sanded and then used 3M 90 strength spray adhesive.on the pillars i also hot glued the hangover to the back.
http://img30.imageshack.us/i/tmpphpmrda8a.jpg/

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
exactly what ive been planning to do for say....2 years. lol looks very good. I was inspired to do this while working for Mercedes-Benz and some of their cars have the suede interior and its sexy. Nice job

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what material did you use? any foam backing?

about how difficult would this project be to someone who has never upholstered before?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Its not that hard. I reupholstered the headliner in my camaro before. You just want to make sure you start in the middle and work your way to the outside. Not doing it all at once, but in smaller sections.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used synthetic suede i got from jo ann fabric the total cost for everything was about 175 including spray glue,hot glue gun,hot glue,razor blades. now on a scale of 1-10 for a beginner like i was this was my first time its a 3 the only thing you need is time and alot of patients other then that its fairly easy. this particular material didn't have any stretch so tight bends and corners were a pain. the oem headliner was in perfect condition so i just glued it to that there was no foam backing on this material i did not use any. also the visors open up like a clam shell so you just make a template and loosely hot glue it on the inside no spray needed. ill tske pics of the final product later.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
exactly what ive been planning to do for say....2 years. lol looks very good. I was inspired to do this while working for Mercedes-Benz and some of their cars have the suede interior and its sexy. Nice job
thanks . since this was my first try at this i was happy that it came out better then i expected. i was going to use resl suede but decided synthetic is better for stain,moisture and UV protection not to mention alot cheaper.