I have 99 civic EX and I have a problem.

Melodyftw

Hello. I have 99 civic EX, bought it from mom and pop dealer about 2~3 months ago. They turned car on even before we arrived so we didn't notice anything when we purchased the car. But ever since car idles weird.

Because of that my husband changed fuel filter, cleaned throttle body, cleaned IAC valve and cleaned map sensor.

But it still idles up and down. In the morning when I start the car, it does not go up and down but when I drive around and park the car, go to shopping and come back the car and start it, it raves. Weirdly, some days are totally fine, like yesterday and today, it was around 70~80 degree here in Texas.

Oh and one more thing, he says it seems like air goes in radiator because coolant in reservoir tank goes really really up high like it's going to spill out.

Would it cause unstable idle?

What should we do?

tekfoc

5+ Year Member
Could be a bad head gasket or air in coolant system that needs proper bleeding .

504scene

head ,gasket thermostat (idk y he clean the map sensor..bad idea) could be water pump vaccum line i mean theres a list i would start with the obvioulsy visible issue first with the coolant and go from there.