i have problem with my short shifter

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just arrived my short shifter today,but i see that the package is a bit broke ,and only is a short shifter plus a but plus a the knob.. i think that they lack more pieces.. :cry: what do i need? i am seeing this how-to

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1007935

and i need a rings ,and the sleeves, i think that it is assembled in rhort shifter..

i just to do a pics..

only it arrived me this.

is it the sleeves?

ptgraphix

Thats all you really need man. Looks like a no name shifter too so I wouldnt expect any extra parts besides the shifter and maybe a nut and a bolt to hold it in place. And the "sleeves" :lol: are the bearings and the B&M shifter in the tutorial is much much different than your shifter so it doesnt really help all that much for you.

Just get under your car and hook it up =)

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol! is bearings yes! sorry :oops: , ok, some people say me that i have to use the same bolts and nuts ...

and again sorry for to say sleeves :lol:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the same one, and its horrible. Prob killin my car. But thats ok. I plan to buy a new engine within a month or so.

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
I have the same one, and its horrible. Prob killin my car. But thats ok. I plan to buy a new engine within a month or so.
what? :shock: , why? you say that you will a engine for that short shifter ?.. really?

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a db gsr short throw in my std hatch with a d15 and it bolted right up,, well with little mods, and it shouldnt do anything to ur engine i have one just like that but sold it for the db gsr

speed_1

5+ Year Member
it looks like you are missing the side washers they are about an 1/8 in thick washers that go on each side of the shifter and the shift linkages. if you don't use them you will not get an exact shift because there will be some play in it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a 94 teg dual bend OEM shifter, put it in the 4th gen and its shorter throw then stock 4th gen

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
seems like thats all u need. what company?

they probably shoulda given u new o-rings or whatever for the sleeve and some lube but oh well. maybe u got shafted? :???:

g/l

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats all that you need bro...take out your stock shifter and put in that one. you should be fine with that one as long as you dont shift crazy hard...ya know. that'll do the job..!

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
If you think a shortshifter is destroying your motor .... then you need to put the pipe down.