i locked myself out of my phone LOL!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so i was playing around with the settings on my iphone the other night and came across the option to set a SIM PIN code. i turned it on thinking it would ask me to make a password, which it did, but i hit the home button instead of making a passcode cuz i figured somehow i would forget the pin. well, turns out i actually locked the sim card and now i cant send/receive any calls or texts :smackself

i called the provider and asked what the default passcode would be, and so we sat there talking on my home phone trying like 20 different codes and non of them worked. he's sending me a new sim card but it's going to take a week to get here and i really need a phone..

any ideas what the default passcode to unlock a sim card would be?

*edit*
the startup prompt actually asks for a PUK code, whatever the f**k that stands for :lol:

Last edited:

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Who's your provider and what brand/model is the phone?

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sure they tried these but Us Cellular's default codes are: 0000, 1234, 9999, or The last 4 digits of your phone number

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Who's your provider and what brand/model is the phone?
its a 8gb 3G iphone with consumer cellular sim card
I'm sure they tried these but Us Cellular's default codes are: 0000, 1234, 9999, or The last 4 digits of your phone number
yea tried all those already :(

p.s. it can be up to 10 digits :shock:

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I doubt the restore would actually work since it's applied to the sim card and not the phone. That sucks man! I'll make sure I don't do that now haha

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, you should be able to do a retore from a previous backup. You just need the computer you use to sync with itunes. You can even do a whole new restore.

You can even try this,
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=611796
i did a network reset on the phone to no avail. then updated the phone again which did nothing.. no success with that link either :(
I doubt the restore would actually work since it's applied to the sim card and not the phone. That sucks man! I'll make sure I don't do that now haha
haha yeah i highly do not recommend playing with your SIM PIN settings :rolf:

*edit*
found this on AT&T FAQ page
What is a PUK code?

Question:
What is a PUK code?
What should I do if my phone says Enter PUK Code?
How can I get a PUK Code?
What should I do if my iPhone says error P1246?
Answer:
A PUK code (Pin Unlock Key) is required when you enter an incorrect PIN 3 times. After entering the wrong PIN 3 times, the card will be locked and you will need to get a PUK code from AT&T to unlock it.

You can receive your phone's PUK code from AT&T, either by logging into your account at myWireless Account, visiting our Technical Support Chat, or by calling Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500.

Once your PUK has been received, it will need to be entered into your phone to set a new PIN code.

If the wrong PUK code is entered ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes invalid and you will need to purchase a new SIM Card. The phone will display "PUK blocked call operator".

To obtain your PUK code, log into myWireless Account and follow the steps below:

1. Select My Services
2. Select the My Phone/Device link
3. Select the Unblock SIM Card link
4. Follow the instructions on the pop-up page
not very promising for me :lol:

Last edited:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok i definitely just figured out that the code is 8 digits long. i tried 12345678 and now it says i have 9 attempts left. this is the first time it has actually counted an attempt against me so i think i'm on to something!!

*edit*
00000000 - 8 attempts remaining

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's the number on the sim card.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's the last 8 digit of the number on the card.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Actually I think it's suppose to be the numbers after the ZERO.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6 attempts remaining

lol i'm not listening to you anymore

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this is f**king retarded. so not only does the SIM card have a PIN number that you have to figure out, its got a PUK (PIN Unlock Key) number you have to know too :rolf:. like what the f**k do they think you're going to try to do with your phone? my bank account isnt that f**king secure...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm thinking you just have to try to do it again, but instead of typing in s**t, just click enter (ok) or whatever... Since you didn't get to make a number before, maybe there is no code. Try that!