I made a bad move and now i'm payin for it!!

boost-it

5+ Year Member
I pressure wash mine all the time, the only thing that might happen is getting the dizzy wet, and if water gets in the cylinder holes.. best thing to do is a couple dry rags, an air compressor or some caned air to blow out the holes..
Thats what I did and it worked great!!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Crazy, I pressure wash mine all the time and nothing happens. *knock on wood*

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y would u keep the engine running?
Exactly. If you get the wires wet while its running, it can arc through the water and possible short something out. I usually do I what i gotta do to clean/detail the engine bay, then close the hood and let the car run for 10-15 minutes. Also helps if you use warm water. It dries faster when the engine runs w/the hood down.

Stephen1124

5+ Year Member
Okay everything seems to be running fine. thanks for the advice. I get what all of you are trying to say, I didn't think it through when i did it. Thanks again

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ziplock bag over the dizzy and filter with some elctrical tape wrapped around will save u headaches..

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Dam I'm afraid if I power wash my engine I will f**k something up too.....Would it be better to wash by hand?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not really.. water can still get in the bad places...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea I dont know man......why anyone would leave the engine running while power washing the bay, or changing the oil is BEYOND me...

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I clean my engine bay I usually just drive my front end into the lake near my house. No problems yet :crossesfingers:

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I usually put plastic bags over the dizzy and battery, fusebox. Hopefully iBeast meant that it was stupid to do it without covering those areas. You live and learn.
the other solution is dont point the nozzle at those items :shrug:

I've never covered anything, and never had any issues. I wouldn't spray water directly onto the dizzy, fusebox, or anything either though.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the other solution is dont point the nozzle at those items :shrug:

I've never covered anything, and never had any issues. I wouldn't spray water directly onto the dizzy, fusebox, or anything either though.
:word:

diemf50

just finished spray washing my bay on my 06 accord, right now... same way as always engine on, splash guards to protect the electrical, and intake... carefully... and still same result... No problem. just do what PhntmSk8r said...

but my bro was talking about some spray that u put on ur engine bay, let it sit for a bit and then use air (like a leaf blower i guess) to get it off. he has a acura RL and the engine always looks clean enough to eat off lol ima see if i can remember the name of it and see if ya'll have ever heard of it...

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I clean my engine bay I usually just drive my front end into the lake near my house. No problems yet :crossesfingers:
:word: i use the shallow end of my pool.. only problem is i messed up the stairs going into my pool :cry: