I need a mentor in phoenix

bchld

Ok so I'm your stereotypical girl and know nothing about cars. I seriously bought mine because I've always wanted a civic and it was pretty. It helped that the mechanic I took said it was in great shape. So... I need assistance with cosmetic stuff now. My door is jammed and is a pain in the rear to lock/unlock. I think it's a tumbler? If that's the right word. I also have a speaker/amp set I want to install. And what in the world do I use to glue the door fabric back down? Oh and the change dish under the cruise control button broke off. I think that's it. It needs a paint job and new tint but I'll eventually pay someone else to do that!!! Lol. I wasn't sure where to post this since I'm new here. Thanks in advance =)

Sent from billie's iPhone

RonJ

Banned
Spray some WD40 into the key hole, and post pictures of the other problem items.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try graphite spray.

Ron is just a little smarter than I am, but I try sometimes. He's actually my mentor actually.

RonJ

Banned
Try graphite spray.

Ron is just a little smarter than I am, but I try sometimes. He's actually my mentor actually.
Graphite spray is better. Now you're my mentor.=)

Kenneth

5+ Year Member
Ok so I'm your stereotypical girl and know nothing about cars. I seriously bought mine because I've always wanted a civic and it was pretty. It helped that the mechanic I took said it was in great shape. So... I need assistance with cosmetic stuff now. My door is jammed and is a pain in the rear to lock/unlock. I think it's a tumbler? If that's the right word. I also have a speaker/amp set I want to install. And what in the world do I use to glue the door fabric back down? Oh and the change dish under the cruise control button broke off. I think that's it. It needs a paint job and new tint but I'll eventually pay someone else to do that!!! Lol. I wasn't sure where to post this since I'm new here. Thanks in advance =)

There's a spray adhesive that works pretty good for gluing fabric. It's made by 3M, it's called super 77. As to the change drawer I just had mine out, when I replaced the bulbs in the cruise control. It pops out pretty easy.

digital

Certified audio installer
I lived in Phoenix for 10 years but just moved away. Due to the heat in Phx I would go with the 3M 90 strength spray glue, it's a little bit stronger than the 77 and holds up better in the heat. Wilson Art spray glue is probably the best adhesion in high temperatures. I'm new here and don't know how to post pics yet except for the garage pics. If you go to garage and check my pics, I just got done doing new vinyl on my door panels and painting where the fabric was. I could walk you through doing minor upholstery like door panels, seats are more the major leagues and beyond my skill level but doors are not that hard at all.

digital

Certified audio installer
I am a certified audio installer and can easily walk you through the amp and speaker install. First thing I need to know is what are the speaker you want to put in? Sub woofers, door speakers, or rear deck speakers? Next question is do you have the stock radio, or aftermarket head unit? Last I need to know what gauge power wire you have if any, and if not I need to know what amp you are installing so I can recommend the the proper gauge wire to give you the least voltage drop. 4 awg is probably sufficient, but you can never go too big on power wire, over kill= efficiency.

bchld

Thanks guys!! I will look into the sprays y'all mentioned. Digital... Idk about that speaker install, I may just have someone else do it! Lol. Take the easy way out but I'd rather know it was done properly!

RonJ

Banned
Thanks guys!! I will look into the sprays y'all mentioned. Digital... Idk about that speaker install, I may just have someone else do it! Lol. Take the easy way out but I'd rather know it was done properly!

Learn to do your own work rather than rely on others. Don't be afraid to learn. Otherwise what's the point of making this thread?