I need an upgrade, and some help too!

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alrighty, here's what I got. 96 civic sedan....kyb agx's with dropzone coilovers, well..as everyone should know these coilovers are complete bullshit. I need some help in deciding what I should do now cuz I want to replace the coilovers.

I've done searches but I'm coming up with mixed opinions.

I'd like to be able to get a pretty aggressive drop, but at the same time I want it to stay pretty much level around the turns so I don't rub. I've been told a lot that drop springs will give a better ride than coilovers, but I'm unsure on if drop springs will give me an even drop all around.

Here's what I was thinking, please feel free to encourage one of my choices or give me some others that I haven't considered.

Keep the Kyb Agx's and get rid of the dropzone coilovers and replace with either Ground Control Coilovers, Eibach Sportline, Skunk2 Coilovers, Skunk2 Dropsprings, or Tein S-Techs.................or should I ditch the agx's and go with a different shock/strut setup and add any of those spring/coilover choices..............or finally should I go with the Tein Basic's or the Tokico illumina coilover setup or the Hayame full coilover setup.

I'm basically looking for the setup that will be the best bang for my buck...not uber expensive but not cheap at all, I want the best ride possible with an even drop that is pretty aggressive. Thanks for any help you can give

also if you can show pictures of a particular drop that would be great too!

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ground Control Coilovers. Easy to adjust and firm ride.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not true that drop springs give a better ride then coilovers. It all depends on the spring rates and what type of springs they are, progressive or linear. its better to save some money and just get gc coilovers so you can adjust the height whenever you want. gc have progressive springs so on daily driven it is soft and smooth.. but when you drive hard.. the springs will stiffen up for better handling.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i can afford those right now....do you think the tein basic's setup would be better?

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, umm...any input would be nice

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my advice... do NOT cheap out on your suspension, or you'll end up like me.

soft, bouncy ride with no adjustability on OEM replacement shocks...

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey if you can afford it I would do the Tein basics man. My buddy just got his and I'm itching for him to install them!!!