i need more power

droboy90

i have a bone stock 91 civic si with i think 258k miles it runs and drives fine and im not sure if the engine is the original one but i want more power im thinking between 130-140 whp as a daily while staying with d series motor what should i do to get around that much power without breaking the bank? Should i rebuild this motor considering the miles and put a turbo on it or can this goal be achieved all motor?

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
i have a bone stock 91 civic si with i think 258k miles it runs and drives fine and im not sure if the engine is the original one but i want more power im thinking between 130-140 whp as a daily while staying with d series motor what should i do to get around that much power without breaking the bank? Should i rebuild this motor considering the miles and put a turbo on it or can this goal be achieved all motor?
It can be achieved with a new engine and it can be achieved with a turbo. Ultimately it will all depend on what you are willing to do and whether or not it will satisfy. Keep in mind all the supporting modifications for a turbo and then look into what you would need for a swap. After you have gone into depth with both, you can make a final decision.