i need ur help plez!

buddah-beadz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want to start werking with "fiberglass" to make custom part, such as making a new cover, where the air bag went off on the passenger side. thing is, i dont know onw thing about "fiberglass" plez can sumone help me with this?

1. need to know wat to get, and where.

2. how to use it

3. and jus sum basic steps

any help will be much appreciated! :D

thanks-
<<buddah-beadz>>

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't feel like typing so... search google, search this thread and others for any info. There are alot of helpful sites out there and working with fiberglass is somewhat easy. I suggest starting with a simple small project to get a feel and then keep doing simple until you have the skills for a large project. Basically there are 3 parts to fiberglass. You got the resin, the mat and the hardner. The mat is the only difference because different mats provide support in different ways. I personally don't know all the different one but basically for a simple job it shouldn't be important. Usually the semi long strand is easiest to come by. I have always gone to a paint specialty store and bought fiberglass / bondo. The biggest part of fiberglassin is to have the time. The stuff can dry rather quickly and it is very messy.
But I am tried of typing so later.

but until then read up.
http://community.caraudioresources.com/index.php?showforum=28 (decent forum with plenty of threads, pics, and links)

www.12vlounge.com (this site started as yahoo mailing list and the info they send is great, although I dislike the message board since with ezpeople.)

http://www.lindsay.k12.ca.us/emerson/caraudio/How2Glass.html (just a quick read)

buddah-beadz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, thanks for the info. i still would rather sumone post me sum pics or sumtin right here, cuz like you are with typing, i am with searching :( but again thanks alot!!

keep the the suggestins comin plez! ^_^

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can change the hardening time by adding more hardener to the resin. the more you add the hotter it will get but also the weaker the fiberglass so if you are just wanting a cover for your airbag then that will suffice. but if you are wanting to build like a subwoofer enclosure you will need to add less hardener so that it will cure slower and in turn be harder...... hope this helps

buddah-beadz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey kool tanks.....yea i jus need to make a cover for the airbag on the passenger side...tinkn of makeing it into a gauge cluster to, hmmm......but woofer enclosure will sumtin after i learn it for a bit. :D

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have any questions on building it let me know. i use to do custom installations for some companies down here.. also have have built 3 cars for Spring Break nationals in Daytona.