I wanna tune my civic

MikeSettle

I baught a 94 civic dx sedan and I want more horsepower but fairly cheap. Any one have suggestions?
It just seems like the car just doesnt wanna get up and go. Wheres the best place to buy parts?

DMaldonado93

price range?

and its good to see somebody else from Pittsburgh on here

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ebay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get all of your run of the mill, no name, replica bolt ons (intake, header, exhaust) on eBay. But these won't turn your base model civic into a sports car. Turbo or swap are really the only ways to go if you want actual POWER.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Swap or turbo.

You can slap what ever bolt on parts you want to your D15 but it will still be slow as balls at the end of the day.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Horsepower and cheap don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to civic. THEY ARE COMMUTER VEHICLES. They weren't built for power. You have to spend money, BIG MONEY, to make it fast.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Money money moooooonaaaay!

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
yea their not a easy way around the money issue it suxs
sure there is, make counterfit bills and use them to buy parts from people on the local craigslist! i suggest you dont try it though cause apparently counterfitting bills is frowned upon in this socitey...

Jose1027

Registered VIP
^^^^ haha me nd my friend were just talking about doing that

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

barrett

Registered VIP
It's been said before by others

Fast, Reliable, Cheap > Pick two

I'd leave a tune until last. Either swap or turbo or both. Then tune. (well you'll need either the correct ecu for the swap, then tune, or leave stock ecu, and chip that)

Javier.San1993

It's funny how I have the same exact car. I recently went to my High School buddy - who ended up being a mechanic - and talked to him about this same subject.. But I also worry about the smoothness of my ride; so he proposed that I pretty much spend big dollars... haha

In order to
...get up and go...
with a D15B7 powered EG8, you first must ditch the D15, and go get yourself a B18C1/B18C5. That is where power lies. I would go B20, but I live in California, and it is not legal to have a "truck" motor in a little car like mine.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Horsepower and cheap don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to civic. THEY ARE COMMUTER VEHICLES. They weren't built for power. You have to spend money, BIG MONEY, to make it fast.
Well said, since this is what MANY ppl don't realize!

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
intake, header, exhaust barely makes a differences. it's a waste of money for those but that's just me. i'd swap the motor out