I want to add a little power to my civic ex...

Nwashburn79@yah

What's up my club people's? I have a civic ex with intake and exhaust, just starting to tune it, any suggestions on some bolt ins I can start with??:?:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bolt ons are a waste of money and time unless you just want sound or looks.

Only way to go is forced induction or nitrous.

These were made for COMMUTING AND GAS MILEAGE, have to pay to get power out of these and bolt ons are the best crock of s**t money making scheme the after market companies have ever come up with.

Nwashburn79@yah

Ok wait a minute. So your saying to get forced induction, but the bolt on headers , fuel rail, skunk2 intake manifold and cold air, are all b.s.?? Neeeeexxxxtt!!!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bolt ons are a waste of money and time unless you just want sound or looks.

Only way to go is forced induction or nitrous.

These were made for COMMUTING AND GAS MILEAGE, have to pay to get power out of these and bolt ons are the best crock of s*** money making scheme the after market companies have ever come up with.
:word: thats what i did. Booooooooooooooost ftw

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok wait a minute. So your saying to get forced induction, but the bolt on headers , fuel rail, skunk2 intake manifold and cold air, are all b.s.?? Neeeeexxxxtt!!!

Yes, they are. On a civic they are a complete waste of money unless you are fully building the motor or going with forced induction (turbo or supercharger). The gain in power for the amount of money you are going to put down on the stuff you mentioned is absolutely not worth it by themselves. Turbo, supercharger, or fully building the motor is the only way to gain REAL numbers when it comes to power.

If you would have searched before you posted, you would have found that out. It is brought up almost EVERY DAY. You will spend thousands on simple bolt ons and gain less than 50 horsepower. Trust me. As I said, it has been discussed. ALOT.

Plus if you spend all that money and decide to turbo later on, you are basically throwing it all away because you will need to almost start over with stuff that is compatible with a turbo build.

Nwashburn79@yah

I'll post some pics of my build soon. It's lookin pretty cool, bout to start cleaning up the engine box , it's my first civic.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have fun with it. Just do you research and do it right the first time and you'll be fine.

I agree with the original statement about bolt ons on a stock single cam. Waste of money. I had and intake and catback exhaust so it would apply to the swap I ended up doing later. I don't see anything wrong with that. But buying a header for the single cam (unless it's a turbo manifold) then you're just throwing your money away.

Swap/FI or bust if you want to start making some power. Thank God you're not one of those kids who's trying to do an all-motor D series. I would laugh in your face.

Nwashburn79@yah

Lol, ok bud. Thanks for the advice. I'll probly just follow suit. Cat back and intake I already have. But after you swap does the new motor affect passing smog? I don't want the headache of worrying about passing smog.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, ok bud. Thanks for the advice. I'll probly just follow suit. Cat back and intake I already have. But after you swap does the new motor affect passing smog? I don't want the headache of worrying about passing smog.
Yeah you guys have gnarly emissions regulations down there. I feel bad for you. I'm not sure exactly what the regulations are down there, but I'm pretty sure you can get swaps BAR'd. I don't know much about that though.
All I know is that you can't do a B20 swap. Because that from "a small truck". Or that's what I've heard :what:

army4life

Army MOS: Combat Ninja
Huntington Beach? I'm up in Sac. Hey bro, the best thing you could do (and I'll get hated on for this, but oh well) is swap in a B16a2. The 6th gen Si comes stock with this motor. Bone stock you'll notice a substantial increase in power over your stock d16y8, and its an awesome base with which to start building bigger power on. And my favorite part of all of it is since the Si comes with it stock, you'll have no issues when it comes to smog.

And just for the record, Crash! isn't a bro lol. She's a legit chick who sadly (or not so sadly) can run circles around many of us. Just sayin'. :drive:

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Their is aftermarket companies that made turbos that are smog friendly. But they're a pretty penny. Greddy, Edelbrock to name a few.