i wnt to put a pair of 12inch speekers in my trunk but......

doug E fresh

5+ Year Member
im goin to put some huge speekers in my 1991 honda civic lx 4 door sedan but i canT find the old rear speeker wireing!! i also have a pair if amps comeing but i have no idea how or what i need to install them. HELP MEE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just google amp installation, it comes up with a lot of diagrams...that is what I did, I put in mine a few weeks ago, and you will need an amp wiring kit, but I am pretty sure you don't need the speaker wire for the subs (I didn't use it)

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a wiring kit

there's 3 wires on each amp:
12v = power wire. goes from wire thru fuse to battery
REM = remote wire. goes to the head unit remote wire (tells the amp when to cut on and off)
GRND = ground wire. find a nice place to ground your amp

then theres speaker wires, those are pretty self eplanitory. right +/- and left +/- (or you can bridge them). turn your settings all the way down (head unit-turn lows all the way down and highs up and amp everything down) turn your head unit to a volume thats moderately loud. start by turning up your amp settings and if its still not enough turn up your head unit, balance them out to your liking and tah dah! you now have boom boom

white89hatch

Polar White ED6
5+ Year Member
get a wiring kit

REM = remote wire. goes to the head unit remote wire (tells the amp when to cut on and off)

then theres speaker wires, those are pretty self eplanitory. right +/- and left +/- (or you can bridge them). turn your settings all the way down (head unit-turn lows all the way down and highs up and amp everything down) turn your head unit to a volume thats moderately loud. start by turning up your amp settings and if its still not enough turn up your head unit, balance them out to your liking and tah dah! you now have boom boom

Not all amps are made to be bridged. It should say on the amp if its not suppose to be bridged.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
get a wiring kit

Nice info dude.:thumbs up