IACV Problem on downgrade

EJ8BlackOwl

Carlos!
Alright guys, so I spun two rob bearings in my old ex y8 vtec engine. It's a 2000
So my budget led me to downgrade to a 2000 y7 from a dx.

So I put in the new engine with the y8 exhaust mani, because it just looks like it has better flow, and I got an older version of the intake mani because of the air injection holes.

Now, With the p2p computer, I get cel codes for the knock sensor and vtec. Car idles high and I bog out at 5500. also on cold starts, the car dips down low for a while and feels like it's gonna stall.

I tried the p2e computer for the y7, and it idles better, runs better, but in between 1500 and 2000 rpm it fluctuates bad. and when I'm driving between those parameters the car shakes horribly. I believe it's from the iacv circuit being a 3 wire on the y7 and I have a 2 wire one on the y8 mani used.

So, I was wondering. Is there any computer that will plug and play with my harness and be compatible with the iacv. Can I disable the vtec and knock from the p2p.

I'm confused on how to get this car running in grade a condish.
Thanks for all the help!

EJ8BlackOwl

Carlos!
I need any help, if anyone had something similar or read something about it. Let me know please!

Help!!!!!!

EJ8BlackOwl

Carlos!
So, my solution was....

I used the same harness from the y8, repinned the vtec wire on the ecu connector to where the third iacv for the y7 goes. I cut off the vtec solenoid plug on engine side and used that cable along from the 2 from the y8 iacv and a 3 wire plug from a y7 and soldered it. used the y7 throttle body with the y8 gasket and y8 gas rotor. loads of effort, beer and extensive research. I hope this helps someone and save them the headache, drink all the beer you want! haha

RonJ

Banned
So, my solution was....

I used the same harness from the y8, repinned the vtec wire on the ecu connector to where the third iacv for the y7 goes. I cut off the vtec solenoid plug on engine side and used that cable along from the 2 from the y8 iacv and a 3 wire plug from a y7 and soldered it. used the y7 throttle body with the y8 gasket and y8 gas rotor. loads of effort, beer and extensive research. I hope this helps someone and save them the headache, drink all the beer you want! haha
Sounds like you created a nightmare for whoever eventually buys the car from you.

EJ8BlackOwl

Carlos!
Sounds like you created a nightmare for whoever eventually buys the car from you.
Yeah, pretty much...
I guess I could explain it to them if they're going to do any other mods.
If they're not, it runs and no CEL.

What do you think about mini me swaps, do you have any experiences with them?