Idle of B16a2 is a bit loud?

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the B16a2 in idle is a bit loud? i say that, because my eg6 in idle is a bit loud, but is fast like always (since that it's mine) , it can to be valves? i would like to record a video, but i dont have camera in that moment, anyone can to record a video that her B16a2 in idle? can it that i am perfectionist :smackself ?

brother's camera can to record video but without sound, i say that for i to record a video of my eg6 runing for you see what speed it is..

thank a lot

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is the noise it is making, is it normal engine noise or if it abnormal?? If its engin noise, just turn up your radio :-D

ryanM

when your motor is cold, it will idle higher, probably around 1500, but when it warms up it should settle at around 800-900

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, the idle is very normal, all is normal, but is the sound.. the idle when the engine is cold is around 1500 rpm , when it is warm is around 850 - 900 rpm ..

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
too the temperature is normal, but.. i just to lift ( or i put my ear above that the cover valve, and sound around injectors , but i think that it's valves..) but..

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
injectors are pretty loud, but it could also be that you need to get a valve adjustment. you need one every 50 or 60,000 miles or something like that. valve adjustments arent hard, but if you dont know anyone that can teach you then go to a shop and have them do it.

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought too that it could be the injectors be , later i think that too it could be the valves.. a long time (no much) i see a video about HOW-TO rebuilding a engine VTEC (but not B16 :( ) . what happend is that now i dont have tools for do it, but soon i to buy a set tools, i would like to do almost all in my car... but can i run now safe? or is necessary to adjustments the valves?