Idle

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so I just got off the highway to pull in the gas station and as the transmission down shifted on to first the engine bogged rpm's drop to like 500 and stayed they..wondering what cld cause this.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bump

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Auto

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its still low...thinking about doing a carbon cleaning.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay did a seafoam carbon cleaning...used the vacuum line..a whole lot of white and blue smoke out the tail pipe..but now I have a CEI..came on as soon a I dipped the line into the seafoam...will if go off with time or do I need to get it reset or anything..the car is running fine by the way.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Its for a misfire code caused by the seafoam, its pretty normal for that to happen. Should go away on its own.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea hoping it stays off..but my idle is still low at times.. Gonna take off the IACV and clean it...hope tht helps if it doesn't then idk I'll just get new motor mounts.

808xtreme808

Does the idle change with the AC on or off? Mine did. I checked the fans and discovered the condenser fan wasn't turning on. You can unplug and put 12v to it to check. Anyway changed the fan motor and no more low idle problem. Didnt need to touch the iac. I guess the compressor was putting too much load on the engine.