Idler pulley GONE!?

Mister_Perkins

Team Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just noticed a few days ago while doing a little winter work on my civic that the waterpump tensioner pulley (idler pulley) was completely off.. Luckily its winter, so my car didnt overheat, but I'm scared to drive it while its not pumping liquid through the engine. The only thing left on it was the bolt that stuck out. Does anyone possibly know where to get a spare nut / Collar that could fit on it? I've called every junkyard i can possibly think of and they dont have the colar or nut. I purchased a new pulley from Napa ($40.00), but i cant do anything until i get the collar and the nut for it. Its a B15D7 SOHC engine, 2 door coupe. If anyone has information, please either email me (webmaster@kinzuacountry.com) or PM me. And if anyone knows why this would happen that would be great to know also. My best guess is that I failed to check tightness of bolts, so it just spun loose, but you never know..

Mister_Perkins

Team Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well .. thanks for the responses. .haha . Anyways, I found a collar and nut for $7.00 new, Its getting to my house tuesday. Called HONDA dealer, and they had the bart.