If u had the Choice rebuild a 2000 Si B16 or do an H22 swap

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with 3k, mmmmmmm.........................

b18 bottom, b16 head + boost=)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
imo, if your motor still has low miles and is in good running condition. id spend that 3k on a turbo and call it a day.. if your motor is all f**ked, has high miles, i say go for a low mileage h22

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
with 3k, mmmmmmm.........................

b18 bottom, b16 head + boost=)
where do u do that for 3k

imo, if your motor still has low miles and is in good running condition. id spend that 3k on a turbo and call it a day.. if your motor is all f**ked, has high miles, i say go for a low mileage h22
motor has a main seal leak and 95,000..

I already started got h22 with 51,000 mile I think i will be happy!!! Thanks everyone for ur input

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where do u do that for 3k
idk............
b18 bottom, $400?
b16 head, $300?
Don't really know the right prices, but if those are correct, you have $2300 left to play with=)
Build your own kit, from parts here and there, and it shouldn't be more then $1500.
and you have $800 left to buy some forged internals, etc, etc..................just my 2c

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say boost the B16, why would you need more power than a built b16 on, say, 10psi? plus i just like the idea of a 1.6 thrashing other cars with larger displaced engines. I'd have a K20 over a H22 ftw

ryanM

idk............
b18 bottom, $400?
b16 head, $300?
Don't really know the right prices, but if those are correct, you have $2300 left to play with=)
Build your own kit, from parts here and there, and it shouldn't be more then $1500.
and you have $800 left to buy some forged internals, etc, etc..................just my 2c
that only works on paper...

you need way more than just a head and a block to make a car run, complete B series hybrid for $700?...keep dreamin

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah man go H22..if you can afford it, go H22A. the Euro Type R with 220 horses would be sick! but how much work would you need to do to fit that beast on your EK?

judah

5+ Year Member
dude just save a few more hundred and swap in a b18. done deal. leave it at that and go zoom zoom

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fittin a H22 in will be a right ball ache, and it'll be crammed as hell. If you wanted torque you shouldn't have bought a honda lol. You could fit an ITR B18 and be puttin out the same whp

Gio

5+ Year Member
if all thts wrong with the b16 u got is a leaky seal, turbo it, rebuild the engine and replace internals to cope with high boost.

honda engines will go a lot further than 95000 miles. =:suprise:

unless your doing the h22 yourself (which takes engine bay modification from what ive heard) a lot of your 3k would go on fitment, and any repairs will be a b***h too.

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Well some of u have no idea what u speak of, the hasport motor mounts made the motor fit perfectly and the motor was already fitted in yesterday with minimal adjusments and it is not crammed in at all.... My 3k covered motor and install.. i will be on the road by Saturday!!!

ryanM

Well some of u have no idea what u speak of, the hasport motor mounts made the motor fit perfectly and the motor was already fitted in yesterday with minimal adjusments and it is not crammed in at all.... My 3k covered motor and install.. i will be on the road by Saturday!!!
:cool:

finally someone actually gets off there ass and does something, instead of just "planning" to do something.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

finally someone actually gets off there ass and does something, instead of just "planning" to do something.
Gotta agree with you on that one...

How's it working for ya? I'm in sort of the same situation but I've got a blown bottom end. Looking at either LS/VTEC-Turbo or H22-Turbo, leaning toward LS to save money.

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
how you like it?
Im still wating for my headers and powersteering hose.. Some things obviously need to be fabed one or two more days

Yea i have to admit i am guilty of putting off i am glad i did it,,,

good job on the swap!! get pics up when you can!
as soon as i am done and have it running coerrectly i wil post up pics an vids

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good job, when you get it done lets see some pics (thinking about the same swap)

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
good job, when you get it done lets see some pics (thinking about the same swap)

well its in, i had it running today just its a few minor details.. I can tell u it was a lil tough getting the a/c and the power steering to fit.. but we got with patience..Once i get it done to where I am happy with how it looks pics and vids go up