I'll ask again B20 block/ vtec b16 head stock HP??

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Ok if u take a stock b20 long block and use a stock b16 vtech head what will the horsepower be??? I just need an idea,, the b16 is 160 ,,so???:?:

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
horsepower, about 180ish.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Listen. NOBODY on the interwebs is going to be able to tell you how much power you are going to make. Also, almost NOBODY has a stock B20/vtec or LS/vtec because it would be pretty unreliable. If you are going to build one, it would not be a good idea to leave a stock block, since the vtec head would rev much higher than the stock block was made for.

How many posts are you going to have to make about this before you understand that? Build the motor, dyno it, and then come back and tell us what you make.

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Listen. NOBODY on the interwebs is going to be able to tell you how much power you are going to make. Also, almost NOBODY has a stock B20/vtec or LS/vtec because it would be pretty unreliable. If you are going to build one, it would not be a good idea to leave a stock block, since the vtec head would rev much higher than the stock block was made for.

How many posts are you going to have to make about this before you understand that? Build the motor, dyno it, and then come back and tell us what you make.

Well I have to tell u I have heard alot of people tell me that the stock block will do just fine witha vtec head..... U are the only person that I have ever heard say that the block wont hold

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net

Well I have to tell u I have heard alot of people tell me that the stock block will do just fine witha vtech head..... U are the only person that I have ever heard say that the block wont hold

1. Its VTEC, No H!

2. If you hear the block can take it, go for it.. when it blows dont b***h to us about it.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Well I have to tell u I have heard alot of people tell me that the stock block will do just fine witha vtec head..... U are the only person that I have ever heard say that the block wont hold
Do what you want, but I wouldn't trust it. At the very least go for a block girdle.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock block is FINE. my god.

the problem arises in the stock blocks dependability in vtec sized rpm's.

my b20z bottom right now is bone stock. i take it to 8,200 often. its been running for almost two years perfectly.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Why make another thread? I mean f**king seriously... your going to have more than 160 and less than 200. For f**k sakes, no one can tell you what you will make, each application is different, that's why we have dynameters.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much HP your stock block frank will make is solely determined on how high you rev your block.

more risk (higher rpms) your looking at around 165-175 respectivley
low righ (stock non-vtec redline) your looking at about 155-160 respectivley.

but this is just an educated guess assuming a perfect tune for both. vtec is all about the upper echelon of rpm. this is why building your block for a frank motor is so fundamental for making respectable numbers.

microshit

5+ Year Member
Woww..!! i had to register my self to post just to tell you guys..!! I HAVE A FRANKENSTEIN lol
Stock block of b20b is 126hp and 131lbs of torque
A b16a will give you 158hp and 111lbs of torque..!!
Bfore my dyno tuning ive installed a pressure reg. since your stock b16a reg doesint give annuf for this setup..!!
So my setup was a b16a SIR head whit a b20b CRV block whit a Ys1 tranny from a integra..!! pressure regulator and a walbro 255 fuel pump..! the dam thing was spiting out out a wooping 183hp and 147lbs of torque AT THE WHEELS..!!
This setup in cheep to make and fun to do..!! no major modification is needed..!! and you get the high rev of the b16 and the torque of the b20..!! youll have fun whit this motor for sure..! go to a scrap yard and get it NOW..!
u need a oil line for the vtec to work and that's about it lol :P a b20b can easly accept a 200hp(apprently)..but remember that the b20b is a torker not a rever..!! and since the red line of a b20 is 6.300 and the b16 is 8.200 well if ur stupid annuf to hold it in the vtec at 8.000rpm well your connecting rods wont hold.. loll just immagine the friction betwen the rods and the crank shalf a 8:000rpm..!! poor sleves loll

SO dont go to high..!

Well i hope this willl help you to make a decision..!! there is allot of HOW TO on internet if you need help whit seting up the motor..!!

hope youll have fun..!!

99Blackhatch

5+ Year Member
Also take into consideration... whats done to the head, is it built, if so with what or is it stock... another thing that plays a big part for making power, if you have a built head with bigger cams wouild be COMPRESSION RATIOS...

If you want answers, and everyone is telling you one thing or another, try this... EITHER...

A.) Take the plunge and go for it, if it f**ks up then you learned something, a hard and costly lesson, but you gained something from it.

Or B.) Don't do it and always wonder

the final thing can be used on A.) and on B.)...

Stop making stupid threads like this because no one can tell you EXACTLY what you will POSSIBLY or POTENTIALLY make.

If you really want to break s**t down, you could also throw in what type of oil you use, the altitude you are at, blah, blah, blah, buuuuut... you will NEVER get the exact answer until you do it yourself.

Example... I have seen MANY B16 motors on the dyno make 147whp... but then I threw on my old B16 and I made 157whp... go figure. Different setups and different things make more / less power.

I was stock, but they had chipped ECUs, VAFC, and such... I had short ram, and a catback... NO ONE can tell you what you will make.

97_ek_CiViC

5+ Year Member
Ok if u take a stock b20 long block and use a stock b16 vtech head what will the horsepower be??? I just need an idea,, the b16 is 160 ,,so???:?:
I had a 1990 integra ls with this in it.. i had a b20 block with a 2000 si head i was making about 210 hp with intake headers exhaust type r valves and type r intake mani....