illegal red lights

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
having ur blinking lights red? is it illegal
okay i have a 98 civc and i red out the yellow piece on the tail lights. it usually blinks yellow when i use my turns but now its blinks red becuz on these lights the bulbs are clear. i wanted to know if this is illegal.
i think the 99 civic taillights blink orange cus of their bulbs

ryanM

rear turn signals can be amber or red, nothing else.

fronts must be amber.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cops wont trip around here even if your's are blacked out

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya cops dont care, i have white rear turn signals and i am always by the cops and havent said anything for 4 years.

RottenEG6

EG King
5+ Year Member
just for information purposes....chevys dont come with amber parts of there tails...they just blink the brake light most of the time

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some Volvos have clear bulbs stock

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
having ur blinking lights red? is it illegal
okay i have a 98 civc and i red out the yellow piece on the tail lights. it usually blinks yellow when i use my turns but now its blinks red becuz on these lights the bulbs are clear. i wanted to know if this is illegal.
i think the 99 civic taillights blink orange cus of their bulbs
'96-'98 and '99-'00 Civic rear turn signals all flash yellow/amber in color. Rears must be red, amber or yellow. White is illegal (you'll see it sometimes though, since people replace the bulbs with the wrong ones occasionally).

It's not illegal to have red rear turn signals, but it is illegal to have any red lights on the front of the car.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
'96-'98 and '99-'00 Civic rear turn signals all flash yellow/amber in color. Rears must be red, amber or yellow. White is illegal (you'll see it sometimes though, since people replace the bulbs with the wrong ones occasionally).

It's not illegal to have red rear turn signals, but it is illegal to have any red lights on the front of the car.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say...

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
just for information purposes....chevys dont come with amber parts of there tails...they just blink the brake light most of the time
there's a reason for this. and its also y new honda's and acura's dont have amber turn sig lights on the tail anymore. its so one can distinguish whether a car is approaching or going further from you. Meant for night time/dense fog. so u'll know if a car is facing you or not.

flashing amber/yellow then its facing you, flashng red then its same direction.

RottenEG6

EG King
5+ Year Member
there's a reason for this. and its also y new honda's and acura's dont have amber turn sig lights on the tail anymore. its so one can distinguish whether a car is approaching or going further from you. Meant for night time/dense fog. so u'll know if a car is facing you or not.

flashing amber/yellow then its facing you, flashng red then its same direction.
troof

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:word:

coooooop

5+ Year Member
that and theres vehicles that come from factory with white rear turn signals(e.g. lexus,or mitsubishi)

haascnc

5+ Year Member
i ran red front bumper bulbs, corners and red city lights and those led windshield lights red, in my red crx.

got serious heat for that stunt. was told no colors up front, clear only.

as for your case, i did same, just ran red led bulbs in my 96 civic coupe since i changed out all my gage bulbs to red leds.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that and theres vehicles that come from factory with white rear turn signals(e.g. lexus,or mitsubishi)
Clear lenses, but amber bulbs I'm betting.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i put LEDS in my tinted tails on the jetta I changed the rear to clear with a red lense. No problems yet.

I even had little red leds in the front bumper side lights... No problems there. They looked baller and not ricey.. the lenses were tinted.,