I'm back

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys. I know I have been away for a loooong freekin time, and i am sure either no one remembers me or there's all new peeps on here. anyway, i am in sort of a crappy situation. i still have my 99 Si, but just one problem. i think my piston rings may have bit the dust. i am not 100% sure, i still need to get it comp tested, but i have a good idea that they are bad. so what i am thinking of doing, instead of fixing the problem, is just upgrading to a different motor like a b16b or a b18c depending on how much money i decide to spend. now i know that if i swap the motor, i am going to go ahead and replace the belts,water pump, and clutch b4 the swap. now what i am unsure of, is what other parts are necessary to complete the changeover. since i would be swapping in and out of my 99 si i know i have already got the axles, mounts, and the brakes are already beefed. i just need someone to tell me what parts would not either be compatible or at least would not hold up. also i know that when i get a motor i will be getting the ecu, harness and tranny with it which i know is not 100% necessary. so could someone tell me what parts i need to swap a b16a2 for another b series such as b16b or b18c? i would be very thankful. =)

oh also, would i be better off with a usdm itr motor since it's already obd2?

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome back!
bump for u