Import Wars 2008 Season @ Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove, WI

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's that time of the year again!!!! FInally after 6 months of a brutal Chicago winter we can go racing again!
John is racing in the Super Quick class with the red b18b turboed hatchie and I'm racing in the Super Mod class with the white gsr hatchie.

The scheduled races:
Import Wars 1 - Sunday April 20th, 2008 Gates open at 9am
Import Wars 2 - Sunday May 25th, 2008 Gates open at 9am
Import Wars 3 - Saturday June 7th, 2008 Gates open at 1pm
Import wars 4 - Saturday July 19th, 2008 Gates open at 1pm
Import Wars 5 - Saturday August 16th, 2008 Gates open at 1pm
Import Wars 6 - Sunday September 14th, 2008 Gates open at 9am
Import Wars 7 - Sunday October 12th, 2008 Gates open at 9am

w00t For some night races finally!

Bracket Classes:
Super Street 15.00 and slower (same as D class) 400# series
Super Mod 13.00 to 14.99 (in place of B & C) 600# series
Super Quick 12.99 and quicker (same as Quick8/16) 800#series
All dial-in classes start with "super" and have even #'s to start the class series. And Dial-In there own times. Breakout disqualification. SUPER QUICK class is an unlimited qualified field; however you must run qualifying to be put on the eliminations ladder. Class run on Sportsman Ladder! If you not not make a qualifying run during the sessions you are disqualified.
SUPER STREET & SUPER MOD Entry Fee $45
Winner $200 - Runner Up $100 - Semi Finalist $50
SUPER QUICK Entry Fee $65 - Must have min. of 8 entries for full payout
Winner $350 - Runner up $150 - Semi Finalist $50

Heads Up Classes:
Pro FWD (New Class Rules listed below) 500# series
Pro Outlaw (same as Frantic7/ Import Challenge) 700# series

PRO FWD Rules:
Designated for all sport compact front wheel drive vehicles only. Heads up - Pro Tree - 1 power adder only - No motor limitations - No wheelie bars! - No tire limitation - Must meet all NHRA Safety rules for the ET you run. Unlimited field, however you must run qualifying to be put on the eliminations ladder. Class run on Sportsman Ladder! If you not not make a qualifying run during the sessions you are disqualified. The rules are subject to change. We may define things better and modify rules as needed Entry Fee $65 min 8cars needed for payout
Winner $350 - Runner up $150 - Semi Finalist $50

PRO OUTLAW Rules:
Designated for all sport compact door car vehicles only. Heads up - Pro Tree - No motor limitations - No eight cylinders - No power adder limitations - Must meet all NHRA Safety rules for the ET you run. Unlimited field, however you must run qualifying to be put on the eliminations ladder. Class run on Sportsman Ladder! If you not not make a qualifying run during the sessions you are disqualified. The rules are subject to change. We may define things better and modify rules as needed Entry $65
Guaranteed $1000 to WIN !! Runner up $200

NOTE: YOUR NUMBER WILL BE ASSIGNED AT THE FRONT GATE ONCE YOU ENTER AND PAY INTO A CLASS. THEN FOR THE REMAINDER RACES YOU MUST GIVE THEM YOUR ASSIGNED NUMBER WHEN YOU ENTER A CLASS AT THE FRONT GATE. Remember- Be Patient and Come Earlier! Your tech-in process and front gate process will take a bit longer than normal for the first time. But in the long run it will be faster. The first time you tech-in you can be teched in for the year. Then each race afterwards you will still need to check-in with your tech card at tech so you can be arm banded in.

Points will be awarded as follows:
Attendance 10 pts - You must stage during 1st rd to receive these points. 10 pts will be awarded for every round you win!
Points will be awarded to driver. You cannot Substitute drivers during the season.
Current Points sheets will be posted 3-4 days after the race in the Red Barn.

We have 2 Volunteers who will be assisting in helping answer questions at the track. Prescott Phillips ( The Underdog Green Drag Beetle) will help with Pro Classes.
Jacob Bierer ( The Orange Grand Am) will help the the Super Classes.

Top 5 Finalists for each category will receive Trophies and be invited to GLD's Year End Banquet held in February of 2009.
Copied from the website...
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index.php?page=importwars

So, come hangout and watch or come support us!! :D

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id come watch but I live alittle far away, haha.. Be nice if we had an import wars around here.. Ohio sucks, lol..

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
An update is truely needed...

So two days before the first Import Wars, I discovered I had a bent lower control arm on the white gsr hatchie's passenger side from when John hit the curb bending the rim at the end of March. Of course the rim was replaced asap then, but we failed to notice the lower control arm damage. I made a last minute decision not to race it in the condition it was in. I also neglected to get an alignment on it and a new fuel pump since the gsr drop in January. So until further notice, I was planning on getting that all fixed by the May 25th Memorial Day weekend Import Wars 2 race.

So we packed up shop for Import Wars 1 with the red turboed hatchie and the pit crew coupe. John felt confident with the fun run times and his launching capabilities with the red hatchie that he had a chance at winning. Sadly he red lighted for the first time in his years of track experiences, during the first eliminations.

We did some talking about if we should lay off it and try the Super Mod class since we didn't want to blow anything up and make this motor last for a few more years to come. But we're gonna stick it out with the Super Quick class and see what the red hatchie can do. Honestly we go there to win, but the experience means more to John than anything. We agree this years class changes is much tougher now. We believe if John can run consistently with the red hatchie, we can win it.

A week ago John is driving the white gsr hatchie to work and some woman from Indiana hits him from the Driver's side front end damaging the hood, radiator support frame, scraping the front bumper a little bit, broken headlight, broken corner light and crumpled the fender a bit. I get this call while I'm at work that Saturday afternoon and I went ballistic. Three years of me owning that car and not one speeding ticket, accident or anything illegal happened to it. Not even rust! Sigh... Now my plans for getting everything fixed is HOPEFULLY by August if her insurance cuts me a check fast enough. But my willingness to race this b***h down the track is looking pretty slim to none right now.