Insane Engine Swap

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want to do a Engine swap as my last mod on my car.but i wanna be different...i wanna stand out with out people noticing...asleeper in a way... I looked as some specs i havent looked deep enough into it. but i still am doing my research.

Idea : RB20DET or RB25DET Swap

Car : 1996 Civic Ex 2dr

Both Engines run SOHC and DOHC Engines. but what i couldnt find that im still looking for, going from FWD to a 4WD Civic, and the drivetrain fittings are really different.but. i would like to get your thoughts on this idea.

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There was a guy in Millersville PA at the car show last year. He had a Turbo Integra that could run FWD, RWD, or AWD depending on how he selected. I saw him spin the Dyno to just over 200whp on the rear wheels. I believe he used a B20 motor with CRV driveline. From there, it wouldn't be too terribly hard. . . you'd have to fab some stuff to make the rear knuckles fit. You'd also likely have to bump up the center tunnel to allow space for the driveshaft. You may need to reshape your gas tank also to allow the driveshaft to get through.
Keeping Honda would be the easiest and cleanest way to make it work, but I'm sure using a Nissan motor would be possible.
B

97ek4coupe

Stock & Slow
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Read somewhere about a "EK" 4wd civic, JDM only?? EJ1 I think. Anyone know if this is true??

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've met a kid who's done it. but i dunno what engine he put in. the threads i;ve found mentioned about using CRV trannys. but if i use the RB nissan...wouldnt i have to mod a Skyline Tranny to fit the civic? or i could have a doon-buggy style civic... lol

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99CivicSiBrian said:
There was a guy in Millersville PA at the car show last year. He had a Turbo Integra that could run FWD, RWD, or AWD depending on how he selected. I saw him spin the Dyno to just over 200whp on the rear wheels. I believe he used a B20 motor with CRV driveline. From there, it wouldn't be too terribly hard. . . you'd have to fab some stuff to make the rear knuckles fit. You'd also likely have to bump up the center tunnel to allow space for the driveshaft. You may need to reshape your gas tank also to allow the driveshaft to get through.
Keeping Honda would be the easiest and cleanest way to make it work, but I'm sure using a Nissan motor would be possible.
B
Thats my buddy pete pics here :http://www.teamko.net/pete-dc.html

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GreenThunder said:
i've seen the RWD integra done on the D1 qualifying dvd. reworking the CRV draive shafts to the rear end... but this guys drifted. yoru friends is hot tho.
Pete drifts too, he has that and an 03 Si w/ a K24A4 and a JRSC, Si throws down just over 300 to the wheels

twistedtuner76

Aluminum Member(Recycled)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GreenThunder said:
I want to do a Engine swap as my last mod on my car.but i wanna be different...i wanna stand out with out people noticing...asleeper in a way... I looked as some specs i havent looked deep enough into it. but i still am doing my research.

Idea : RB20DET or RB25DET Swap

Car : 1996 Civic Ex 2dr

Both Engines run SOHC and DOHC Engines. but what i couldnt find that im still looking for, going from FWD to a 4WD Civic, and the drivetrain fittings are really different.but. i would like to get your thoughts on this idea.
Why does this sound like something out of a bad movie---- oh wait, that's right. Didn't they do a similar swap to a stang in TOKYO DRIFT. LOL
Make sure that you at least put a triple decker aluminum wing on there.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
twistedtuner76 said:
Why does this sound like something out of a bad movie---- oh wait, that's right. Didn't they do a similar swap to a stang in TOKYO DRIFT. LOL
Uncalled for.... either properly and nicely answer his question or don't post at all.

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
twistedtuner76 said:
are you sure? if u cant tell the difference between a mustang and a civic...then you need to leave this website and junk your civic (if u have 1 ) at this very moment. and i have no wing just so you can feel like a dumbass.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GreenThunder said:
are you sure? if u cant tell the difference between a mustang and a civic...then you need to leave this website and junk your civic (if u have 1 ) at this very moment. and i have no wing just so you can feel like a dumbass.
dude, s**t like that doesnt help, ignore him and be the bigger man, i think its cool that you want to be different but remember, in the end its still a civic. i want an STi swap for my car, thats like throwing a K20 in an EK

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
dude, s**t like that doesnt help, ignore him and be the bigger man, i think its cool that you want to be different but remember, in the end its still a civic. i want an STi swap for my car, thats like throwing a K20 in an EK
yea your right...

...heeey...a K20 in a EK would be nice tho....jus taht the engine and tanny is about the same lentgh as the car itself

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO, it wont be a civic anymore if you do that. Kind of defeats the purpose. You might as well go out and buy the car that has the motor in it (or capability of an easy swap) otherwise youll spend all this money customizing it and then sell it back for less than a minty em1.

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
IMO, it wont be a civic anymore if you do that. Kind of defeats the purpose. You might as well go out and buy the car that has the motor in it (or capability of an easy swap) otherwise youll spend all this money customizing it and then sell it back for less than a minty em1.
couldn't agree more... my sacastic post got deleted which was all in good humour
but if your gonna throw a blacktop or redtop into a civic, then why dont you just buy a s13 or s14??
and swap the front end or something to make it look like a civic? probably less problematic, easier, and cheaper.

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
actually i was gonan Import a skyline...and i woulda had about 900 bucks left over...but my dad wouldnt let me do thigns my way... (imported from england = MUCH cheaper)

twistedtuner76

Aluminum Member(Recycled)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Woah, take it easy....was probably uncalled for but I was just clowning.
Just seems like a lot of work and fabrication....and I guess my deep love for honda forces me to turn a cheek to the idea of bastardizing a civic with nissan (although great cars also) parts.
Sorry to get you both all bent out of shape....

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so, then whats the point of this thread? Weve kind of came to the conclusion that its not worth it.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude if you got the bank import a skyline or do a K20 swap

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
Dude if you got the bank import a skyline or do a K20 swap
woulda K20 fit? i havent looked for the specs of engine size etc. yet.:?:

sk8shorty017 - its worth it in the end ! but its more of if i have the bank to finish it. i am a body kid... lol so i know i can do only so much on my own...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a k20 swap has been easily done in an ek numerous times. That would defeat your goal off being "different" in the first place.

EDIT: re-opened.

Bicker...

And DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: