Installing coilovers for the 1st time....

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like this clubcivic thing. It's way better than myspace and redlightcenter.... I get to talk to a buncha car geeks. Now Im becoming one too. And I like it.... aaaaaahhahahahahaha

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If only people started visiting by the hundreds, it'd become the next OT.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
try doing it in a 7th/8th gen's/RSX's machperson strut, especially using lowering springs, it's a f**king headache taking those things apart, everything has to be lined up perfectly, or else you got to do it again.

5/6th gens are easy.
:word:

Those cars have HUGE springs!

EJFERIO

5+ Year Member
I like this clubcivic thing. It's way better than myspace and redlightcenter.... I get to talk to a buncha car geeks. Now Im becoming one too. And I like it.... aaaaaahhahahahahaha
I am not a geek sir. and good day to you! lol

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont feel special, cause your not

:lol:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
How do you know when they are broken? My brother has EF suspension on his and all I know is that the ride is hella bumpy.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think you put them on backwards. typically the rear is supposed to tuck and the front should have little clearance left, not the opposite

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's possible. AAAAahahhahaha. But they had lil stickers 'R' and 'F' on them. I remember two being larger than the other two, just forgot where i put the bigger/smaller ones.... What should it be?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you put them on backwards. typically the rear is supposed to tuck and the front should have little clearance left, not the opposite
If they're coilover sleeves, then they could just be adjusted improperly, giving him lift in the rear.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes they did come with those adjustable sleeves and yes i need to lower the back about an inch... but the springs did come two: one size, two: another size. So where were the larger springs supposed to go? Any1 knows? I know somebody knows. Help a NOOB out! hehhe Damn, ru guys serious, I could have installed that s**t backwards. Fook! W/e. It handles better than stock......

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the rear being lower than the front looks retarded. or the rear tucked in more than the front. looks like you just have a lot of s**t in the back

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes they did come with those adjustable sleeves and yes i need to lower the back about an inch... but the springs did come two: one size, two: another size. So where were the larger springs supposed to go? Any1 knows? I know somebody knows. Help a NOOB out! hehhe Damn, ru guys serious, I could have installed that s**t backwards. Fook! W/e. It handles better than stock......
Different spring manufacturers setup their springs differently. You should follow the F and R labels on your springs. Typically springs for the front are thicker, more tightly wound coils. You want a higher spring rate for the front, since there is more weight there. Rear springs are typically taller in dimension, but thinner coil and less tightly wound.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would suck if they were on backwards, because you would have to go buy those tools that you would never have to use again.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive installled springs 3 times and they suck doing. i am sure coilovers are a breeze since u dont have to disassemble the shock body just unscrew it take it out and put the new body in.