Insurance money/totaled vehicle

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So they crashed into my bros car. its got messed up in the front and rear. car is considered totaled. Insurance will give extra money if they take the car $600 bucks. they also said if he takes it to the junkyard, they will pay the difference. If this is the case, can my bro sell his rims and other parts of the car? by using craigs list, he could sell parts and get theirs in return. example sell rims, get some used stock ones. he just wants to sell the rims and the battery only.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depends on the insurance company. When my civic was totaled I was able to have it towed back to the house Friday evening and could strip off the car as long as there was a stock replacement there. They came and picked the car up on Monday.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
where is the car right now i would think as long as the aftermarket parts was not put on the policy he should be able to do what he pleases with them.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My bros car is at his house.

as you can see the car is messed up in the front and rear. the car is still drivable and everything in the engine is fine. the car has 315,000 miles, so I doubt anyone would want to buy this car.

here are the rims, they are not all that, but he should get some bucks for them since they have about 80% thread.
how much you think he could sell these rims for??? few burn marks here and there.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
probably wont get much for the wheels. prime is a brand from the 90s i believe. and they were on a lot of mopar if i remember right. maybe take the tires off and scrap the wheels for some change then sell the tires

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So my bro ending up posting the car for $1000 bucks on craigslist and he got a bunch of texts and calls. One guy said if he holded for him before anyone see's it, and if he buys it, he will drop another $100. In the end my bro sold it the next day for $1100! so the insurance gave my bro $2600 for the car, my bro kept it and sold it for an additional $1100. total profit $3700. Now he is hungry for a new car, lol.