• Injen CAI

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other or Short Ram (Please post what)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

EXestent'l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanna get the AEM V2 CAI but im undecided... My friend's got it and it looks and sounds good, plus he can tell a slight difference in driving. Im gonna stick with a Cold Air... whats my best bet? AEM V2, Injen Cold Air, Aem V1, or something else.

*I'm lookin for optimum HP gain

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i am for the AEMs myself. just fyi, you wont really realize your optimum HP gains until after you have i/h/e. its been argued that you could actually lose power with the addition of just one of the breather bolt ons. personally, i just have a AEM V1 CAI, but when i got it, there was no V2. i would prolly go with the V2 if i had to get another one now....but i would wait out a good price(groupbuy etc.)

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
V2 makes some fawking amazing results on the dyno! If not the V2, get an ICEman intake, the upper hose isn't metal so it doesn't heat-soak the air charge as much.

whaty004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd go with the V2 myslef there pretty sweet. I would like to get one.

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
err... i got a short ram Spectre intake tube but a AEM filter
works fine for me =)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
stock airbox, drop-in k&n filter, remove the resonator. better response (maybe it's in my head?) and very cheap. i'm gonna boost anyway, no sense in getting an intake :P

cpforyou

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Intakes are really overrated. When people do intake shoot-outs, the difference is a couple horsepower in a lot of cases, and sometimes less.

Generic Cold Air Intake might be $50.
AEM Cold Ait Intake might cost $220.

AEM might make 2-3 more horsepower over the generic intake, depending on your modifications and tuning. Is it worth to pay $170+ more for an intake that only makes 2-3WHP more, power that probably won't be felt?

For someone like me who's running an N/A car trying to extract the most horsepower out of my stock engine, yes it is. But for someone who has a 220+ WHP engine, what difference will it really make if you have 220WHP or 223WHP?

I don't know. I guess to some people, it reallt is worth it.

xxCoolOutxx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the V2 and I am really satisfied with it. AEM's selling point was that it increases power over the whole rpm range. Although I never tried the V1 I did notice a little more power throughout. I recommend it for sure. But it is a little pricey. Check out www.modacar.com that's where I got mine. It was the cheapest I found it. Great store for civic parts.

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i also have the v2. i really like it but yeah, it was a bit pricey.

whaty004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have the money for it just go with it, but if you don't other options are just as effected as others