anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
my car doesn't glow. i don't think i want it to.

SpitfireEX

He lives in my closet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Dakkon
Anyone use interior neons, I have a blue neon interior light under glove box, so the passenger side glows blue, and I have one f those little neon bars that bounces to the bass.

Anyone have interior neons?

Also what kind of pedals you guys got?
i got that same setup but with green neons

98hatchfreak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think neoens can look good (inside or out) as long as they are installed correctly and there are no wires running all over the plaace because that looks stupid and you could hurt someone or (even worse) phuck up your electrical system on your car!

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I don't have a scaner right now but I'm gonna try to draw it with my k-board
batery(+)
ground(-)
wire-------
switch ////
neon + (++++++++++)
neon - (----------------)

(+)----------------////-----(+++++++++)
(---------------)----------(-)

that's positive to the switch (both neon and batery) negative neon wire to ground (any metal part free of rust )

I hope it helps...
by the way use a 10 amp fuse between neon and switch.

and I love neons but you have to hide the wires otherwise it will suck a lot.
I got a lot of neon and I'm very happy with them they look hot bro!!!!!! keep doing them....

CivicFreak26

Human Powered is teh best
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats wrong with calling something "RICE". isnt that a good thing. well anyways i think your not allowed to have blue neons on the street here, some dumbass law against it.

CivicFreak26

Human Powered is teh best
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i have a question to ask too. which is better, wiring your neons up to your car battery or just using the plugin for the 12 volt plugin in the dash?

thanks,
CivicFreak26

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it depends really on if you want it there for good or just temporarily. If its gonna go in and stay in for a while, hardwire it to the car, if not just plug it in to the socket.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Better to resurect a pre resurected thread then to amke a new one. How can I get access to two 12v power sources that will go on when my engine is on or will be on all the time. I'm wiring halos and have a switch for them. Will running two 12v halos off one 12v source make them glow half as brigh? Even If i wire in parallel?

RSXcivicChick

Banned
I have pink undercarraige and pink neons unde seats and under dash and pink strobes but its mostly just for when I do shows

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
charles_00Civic said:
Better to resurect a pre resurected thread then to amke a new one. How can I get access to two 12v power sources that will go on when my engine is on or will be on all the time. I'm wiring halos and have a switch for them. Will running two 12v halos off one 12v source make them glow half as brigh? Even If i wire in parallel?
if you use on battery yes it will be less bright even in parallel.

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicFreak26 said:
oh i have a question to ask too. which is better, wiring your neons up to your car battery or just using the plugin for the 12 volt plugin in the dash?

thanks,
CivicFreak26
dont wire it directly to the battery positive terminal. Sometimes the connection starts corosion on the battery.

Here's what I did with my neons...

went to autozone and purchased a fuse splitter or something (dont remember the exact name, but only autozone carries it I believe). it basically turns one of your fuses (under the driver dash) into a Y fuse connector. One of the fuses is for wherever you plugged this adaptor into, and the other fuse is for the neons. From this connector there is a positive wire coming out of it.

All you do is connect the positive wire to that adapter, then to a switch, then to the neons. U take the ground from the neons and just ground it to any nut or bolt that is touching the frame of the car. Works great! haven't had a problem with them yet! And it's hooked up to a fuse =)

clean install, and no wires anywhere if you hide it right. Also makes it easy so you dont have to splice into any existing wires.

PM me if you want pics...i can prolly go out and take a picture of the lil adapter thing or something. costs like 4 bucks?