Is this a fair deal?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I'm not sure if you all know, but I have been on the search for another EM1 since I sold my previous one. I have been through many neighborhoods, both sketchy and respected, in vain. However, I have stumbled upon a gem.

A 99 EBP with 49,500 original miles, the lowest in the country. Everything is stock on the car and has been garage kept with regular maintainence and no rust. I have called the owner and made a good first impression.

The ultimate question is, however, how much to pay. He is asking $11,400. That's alot. I asked him what was the highest bid he turned down, and he said it was 10k.

Is it worth putting forth more effort to buy the car, or should I quit while I'm ahead? What is a fair price to offer?

Thanks in advance.

-Dominick

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
it depends on how bad you want the car to me i wouldnt but then again im not big on em1's if its in your hearts desire and you plan on keeping it then i suppose.....

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I doubt he turned down 10k.

If you are willing to spend that much you'd be better off buying a beat EM1 and doing a rebuild.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Under 50k miles? Are u shïtting me?

Buy that motherfùcker!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shít man. I would buy it for asking price if i had to, but always start low!

Thats a rare find right there. It all depends on how bad u want it...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shít man. I would buy it for asking price if i had to, but always start low!

Thats a rare find right there. It all depends on how bad u want it...
Not trying to threadjack but uhhhh....

7k original miles.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2874862471.html

Just sayin, they're out there. This is a car with 43k less than this em1 for only 2000 more :O

But yeah it all depends on how much you want it. That's pristine as f**k, and almost just as good as buying it off the lot brand new. Everything should work and it will drive great :D

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not gonna argue with u, but 40k is barely broken in!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is true. I was just comparing the prices vs miles.

But if I had the money I'd pick it up for sure. Clean slate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not trying to threadjack but uhhhh....

7k original miles.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2874862471.html

Just sayin, they're out there. This is a car with 43k less than this em1 for only 2000 more :O

But yeah it all depends on how much you want it. That's pristine as f***, and almost just as good as buying it off the lot brand new. Everything should work and it will drive great :D
A little self plug there? haha

I totally agree with you. I plan on having it for...well...ever.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow, that thing is clean man. I would go for it if you have the money. Might be pricey but damn

dsprimal

Banned
if only i came across this seller 8 years ago. I spent 12k on my 1998 ex. it came with 26,000 miles. i would buy this asap bro. so clean!!!!!!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just keep in mind, it's a 13 year old Honda Civic. I know I know, it's an Si, it's rare, low mileage. But you're paying a lot of money for a car that's not so great. You can almost buy an S2000 for that much. Yes, S2000's are getting that cheap now. And we all know S2000's are bulletproof.

RonJ

Banned
I agree with John. It sounds to me like people in this thread are over enamored by 50K miles and willing to over pay for a Civic, which is just a common economy car for the masses. That's why the Civic is so popular and has led to the creation of many active Civic forums, such as CC. In my opinion, if you can't buy the Si in the OP for $7.5K or less, then walk away and keep looking. There are so MANY Civic deals out there. Don't throw your money away.