J30a

Im not sure where to post this. And to be quit honest im not sure what I have here. I know this is a J30A v6 engine out of a accord I am assuming. My buddy had it and was going to swap it into a Civic. All this is here is the complete engine. It doesnt have a wiring harness. no tranny or any of that. Just engine. I picked it up for $250. It runs. So... I guess the question here is did I get a good deal? how much is it actually worth? What can i do with it? Is this a good engine? sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot... im not really sure where to post this to...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
my first question is why did you buy it if you had no idea what to do with it

it isnt the popular engine of choice for a J swap, usually the J32a or J35. You want to find a six speed trans then have to get the harness and have rywire or chase bays (if I remember their name right) do the conversion. Then hasport does make a swap kit (not sure exactly what all it is in the kit) and still I think you have to do some fab work.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ agreed

the hasport kit has: mounts, axles, steering modifications for the car if it requires it... you also need the ECU for a 6-speed J30a, which is damn near impossible to find, those motors were the base econo-box motors for the accord and were 95% auto.

the J30a is the bastard child of the J-series, I'd just get rid of it.

VigLink badge