JDM B16A OBD2 Automatic Complete swap into a 2000 Honda Civic EX

puertoricanghst

I wanna do a engine swap into my 2000 Honda Civic EX auto with a JDM B16A OBD2 with automatic transmission. Yes I said Automatic transmission. It's what the wife wants. I was told it wouldn't fit.That I would have to cut and reweld some of the chassis on the tranny side. Is this true? I think I have everything else needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What car is the transmission out of?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does the transmission have a VIN plate on it, it will tell you pretty much exactly what car it came out of.

I've never heard of this before though. I've seen people swap all sorts of s**t into 6th gens without having to cut s**t up. They make mounts for all sorts of things. Have you looked into B16 auto swaps?

puertoricanghst

My guess it came out of a CRX. It's a SiR 3rd gen

Yeah it has one. I'll have to go check. I've looked in B16A auto swaps in here. But everywhere else I look it's not for a 6th gen or it's saying I have to cut cuz the tranny is to long.

puertoricanghst

No it didn't. I bought the Billet Motor Mount Kit for it

I'm trying to post a picture so y'all can see what I'm talking about

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

What is telling you one way or the other. It's hard to help when we don't know what you have. It's even harder when you don't know what you have.
It's a S4XA Tranny. Theres some pics

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^*Posts merged*

Dude, you can post more than one picture in your messages...

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You might have to just stick the other mounts on, put it in, support the trans side with something and see when it ends up and mount the subframe bracket where you need to.

puertoricanghst

Well from the last time I asked for help I was able to figure it out myself. I had to hammer in the chassis were the trans comes up and get the transmission bracket from a automatic 96-00 Civic Chassis (EK4) with B16A and it sat very well. Here are some pictures. Not complete yet but she's coming along.
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

She'll be done soon. ;-)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do people not realize that there were automatic B series civics elsewhere in the world. The solution would have been to just use all the parts from the auto 6th gens that came with a B. May have been hard to source, but it's just another factory setup, so it's not that complicated

puertoricanghst

I understand what your saying and I know there's automatics. I'm building one, but it makes it complicated when you can't find the parts you need. Believe me I've up and down looking for the JDM OEM engine wiring harness for the automatic B16A OBD2 and haven't found one yet. So if you know what part of the world I could find it with a number or email it would be very much appreciated. Because there isn't many if any forums about this build. When you do find a forum there's always someone asking why automatic instead of trying to help. So I just wanna make sure someone finds what there looking for like I was. Anyway, as the transmission bracket it wasn't there and it was a pain to find. But now that I found it I wanted to post it. She's looking good I must say. ;)

puertoricanghst

SHE'S FINALLY INSTALLED AND RUNNING!!!! Thanks for all the help!! LOL... Just gotta finish her up and the wifey will finally be off my back and very happy!