JDM Debate

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
you cant do diy ctr headlights, there is no process that i know of to remove the orange reflector and make a reflective gm housing.

i'm saying diy black housing headlights for a reason ;)

anyone who calls their diy black housing headlights "ctr" lights are either stupid or in denial imo
the reflector pops out.

you say that they are stupid but you're comparing the two be mentioning them in this discussion.

it was already stated that if you want perfect fit and finish, ctr is the ONLY way to go and black or gunmetal rattle can paint is not a perfect finish.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Silver-Shooter said:
it was already stated that if you want perfect fit and finish, ctr is the ONLY way to go and black or gunmetal rattle can paint is not a perfect finish.
rattle can is not the proper way to paint them.....

are you not understanding the "properly modified" part?

yes, i've seen diy black housing headlights with perfect fit and finish... in that case the quality was not lowered one bit

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

yes, i've seen diy black housing headlights with perfect fit and finish... in that case the quality was not lowered one bit
what is the proper way to paint them? have you even done it or have you only seen them on other cars? its much easier to pick out flaws when you've done it..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

you can not compare the sealing process that a person can do VS that of a full functioning factory.. there is no way that they can compete in that aspect.. you will ALWAYS be able to tell the two appart.. if the fakes are sealed enough not to leak.. there will be left over silicone, if the silicone is clean looking its probably not enough and will leak...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
these never leaked.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Silver-Shooter said:
what is the proper way to paint them... have you even done it or have you only seen them on other cars? its much easier to pick out flaws when you've done it..
with a paint gun, in a booth, by an experienced painter with the proper paint and prep

i havent done it personally though i've seen it done exactly 3 times with my own 2 eyes at a local bodyshop.
the guy still has his last pair on his car

the finish, and even the seal was top notch.
as clean if not cleaner seal than oem and they do not leak, even with oregons constant rain ;)

on the other hand i've seen people do it in their kitchen with spray paint, no prep, and bathroom caulk for seal that ends up horribly.... sadly this is how most are done which gives diy the bad name

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
with a paint gun, in a booth, by an experienced painter with the proper paint and prep

i havent done it personally though i've seen it done exactly 3 times with my own 2 eyes at a local bodyshop.

the finish, and even the seal was top notch.
as clean if not cleaner seal than oem and they do not leak, even with oregons constant rain ;)

on the other hand i've seen people do it in their kitchen with spray paint, no prep, and bathroom caulk for seal that ends up horribly.... sadly this is how most are done which gives diy the bad name
i do not have the time nor the interest to replicatr factory or better conditions to create something i could buy for $400.. its just not worth "bringing them to a paint booth", having down time to my car while i wait for the paint to dry.. buying them already perfect worked for me...

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

how is it diy if a professional painter does it? not too many people i know with diy headlamps are professional painters either.

in all honesty it doesn't really matter how its done, it won't look as good as a ctr headlamp, no matter what you do to it.

not to mention the decrease in light output

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Silver-Shooter said:
it won't look as good as a ctr headlamp, no matter what you do to it.
that's your opinion :what:
doesnt make it fact

and he bought 3 pairs of 6th gen headlights, did the diy on all 3, sold 2 of the pairs and kept the 3rd for himself

it's diy at it's finest my friend ;)

well... actually he bought 4 paris of 6th gen headlights.... but the 4th pair wasnt perfect mint condition so instead of doing the diy to them, he gave them to me.

now for some reason i have a pair of 99-00 headlights in the back of my car that are near mint condition....
i should probably put them up for sale here :lol:

i would love to live in japan, also cuase the parts are cheaper, and also the cars are so much more cheaper there due to not haveing to import them. But most of all i love ti know they come to the us but not all the time.o drife in my 240, and i would love to compete against the D1 drifters.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDMCIVIC TYPE R said:
i would love to live in japan, also cause the parts are cheaper, and also the cars are so much more cheaper there due to not having to import them. But most of all i love to drift in my 240, and i would love to compete against the D1 drifters. I know they come to the us but not all the time.
It is way more expensive to have a car in Japan, you have no idea how much easier it is for us.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

There's been too much violence, too much pain...just walk away...

Thanks Humongous...I think I'll do just that. But I'm taking the gasoline. Taht shite's $4.00 a liter in Japan

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: gas..inspection..everything is a bish there...
it all looks good in pics and videos..;)

EG4lyfe

5+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
sure if you dont mind women being treated as 3rd class citizens, business politics that are shadier beyond any of our wildest dreams, and of course living in an incredibly cramped country. i think ill take america and the more expensive jdm crap, thanks.

p.s. the really nice aftermarket stuff for our cars is usually better than the "jdm" stuff people spend so much money on.

dude, dat s**t about women being 3rd class citizens is bull, at least women over there respect themselves beta than dis huzzies herr

p.s fuk RICE, JDM all tha way BITCHES!!

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.! J. D. M.!

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are those...cinder blocks on his desk holding up the shelf....?

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can you imagine living in an apartment the size of your living room? or sleeping in a "hotel" where the one man sleeping bag size bed IS the actual hotel room itself? lol! i'll pass...i'd like to visit, but not live there.

but i did hear from a friend that the women to men ratio in japan is like 5:2...maybe that's just an exaggeration.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep on topic please... jdm debate...

jdm parts vs not...

NOT living in japan vs not...

thanks...