jdm integra conversion

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i know this is a civic site but, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i got an integra and wanted to do the jdm front end conversion would i have to change core supports to do this? what all is involved in the swap. i doubt it'd direct bolt on. if anyone has any answers or knows any site where i can get this info let me know. thinking of getting an integra and would like to do the front end swap.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i know this is a civic site but, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i got an integra and wanted to do the jdm front end conversion would i have to change core supports to do this? what all is involved in the swap. i doubt it'd direct bolt on. if anyone has any answers or knows any site where i can get this info let me know. thinking of getting an integra and would like to do the front end swap.
To do the JDM ITR conversion on a USDM integra you can get the conversion anywhere online. But you will need a core support.

I can double check by calling a friend if need be, he just did one on his integra.

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you know about how much it cost to change the core support? i found the complete non hid conversion for $1100 shipped and it included the core support, headlights, and body panels.

i'm entertaining the idea of trading/ selling my civic for an integra. i can buy the integra for about $3k-$3500 or even trade for my civic but, i'd like to sell my civic for alittle more to have some money for the conversion.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you know about how much it cost to change the core support? i found the complete non hid conversion for $1100 shipped and it included the core support, headlights, and body panels.

i'm entertaining the idea of trading/ selling my civic for an integra. i can buy the integra for about $3k-$3500 or even trade for my civic but, i'd like to sell my civic for alittle more to have some money for the conversion.
You don't want to do the conversion yourself?

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
changing the core support would require welding huh? if it's just bolts then i could do it myself. i just can't weld. i've got a friend that can weld steel but, not aluminum so i'd have to have it done.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
this has nothing to do with 6th gen civics man, try off topic

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
changing the core support would require welding huh? if it's just bolts then i could do it myself. i just can't weld. i've got a friend that can weld steel but, not aluminum so i'd have to have it done.
who told you the front end of a civic/integra is made out of aluminum???

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no on. i just didn't think it was steel. is it? if so i could probably have him do it. i'm really wanting to do this now.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no on. i just didn't think it was steel. is it? if so i could probably have him do it. i'm really wanting to do this now.
you can weld to the frame. I'd have to ask by buddy who did his conversion not to long ago about the core support.

Also had a friend just get done welding a rhd to his 93 hatch.

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah if you don't mind please ask for me. i know there's gonna be alotta work involved but, i'm ready for a change from my civic and really wanna do this. thanks for all the help btw.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it was up to me i would just buy a RHD Integra. It would mostly be the same price as buying a used integra and doing the conversion.

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i'll be getting the integra for $3000-$3500 and the conversion for about $1500. all the rhd integra's i've seen are about $10k

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks. anyone know of any integra sites i could go to for more info?

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Goodluck, i was gonna do this recently after a front end collision. But its just startin to get played out IMO.
I ended up paying almsot 470 for my core support cause i wanted oem quality(acura ish y0) .. and paid almost 300 to have it installed. After that plus buying headlights, fenders, hood, misc other parts im about 1700 into repairs. Keep in mind the only thing i paid somone to do was install the core support, and i am using USDM parts. SO youve got one hell of a project goin down..

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your using usdm parts for the jdm front end conversion? you lost me buddy

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If it was up to me i would just buy a RHD Integra. It would mostly be the same price as buying a used integra and doing the conversion.
...maybe in texas... it's not as easy everywhere else. the conversion is a long and tedious process that involves alot of welding and fabrication to make everything work and squared away. You will need to change the radiator support, you will need JDM fender "bars" that attach the side fenders to the car, you will need to play with wiring and get it painted. Over-all, it's a nice thing to have but nothing you should buy right away. IMO it's one of those things where it's not needed until you have "everything"... catch my drift?