Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I figured I would take some pics of how my car looks last night while I was over there working on it....so I decided to just make a build up thread to keep all the people that are curious/care updated on the progress.

On with the pics, in no particular order... ( future mods, ordered parts, etc follow )

My friend / mechanic Patrick and I being dumb...

Hella messy lol...3 cars and 387562396 parts...

:( :lol:

Just one section of about 1 million holes that we're filling...

So yeah, last night we were just sanding down the bondo filled holes. The battery is going to be re-located to the hatch so that hole will be gone as well as a few other ones that will be plugged. Fuse box is being moved, wipers are gone, the clutch resevoir is gonna be tucked too....big thing big things. We're trying to make it as clean as possible considering the b00st. As you can see the motor is out...and soon I'll be having the whole front clip sprayed black color matched to the roof. Valve cover is going in for powder coating too in wrinkle red ( yeah, played out, but cheap =) )

As far as the actual motor build, it's going slow....because I have no parts yet :lol:

Here's what's on the way ( with a LOT more to go :???: haha I'm gonna be so broke this summer ) :

Wiseco 8.5:1 Pistons
Crower Forged I-Beam Rods
Cometic Head gasket
ARP head studs
780cc injectors
Darton Sleeves

Auto power 4pt. roll bar ( exactly like oc's )

And list of what still needs to be done ( besides boost ):

Painted bay
Painted interior
Removing heat core
Removing all the left over a/c components
Relocate battery ( Optima )
Install Recaros
Install R.J.S. Harness
Custom gauge panel where the block off plate is
Install EDM/JDM Clock
Fix front lip LOL

And prolly a ton more...

But, yeah as of now...I should be recieving most parts this month. And next month I'll be ordering cams, cam gears, etc. Patrick will be doing the P&P on the head for me as well. I'm also thinking of getting a larger turbo haha....so yeah...I'm doing hella shopping.

I got a lot to do. Estimated completion date: August @ the latest.

Commets, questions....bring 'em on 8)

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like one hell of a project! Go ahead and give your self the JTOA! How are you going to handle being with out your car all summer?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats mad hot...

however augest? that f**king sucks.. The means your missing most of the summer.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow that looks great! Looking forward to new pics,.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dam bro. looking good. what u gonna do with no wipers when u take it out and it rains? gonna be hard to see. :laugh: keep the pics and notices coming. gonna look sik.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good.........lord..........

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice build up.Id do the engine bay matt black and colour match the front clip,keep it all the same.

Props on the dedication man...

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice nice ... if you end up with extra parts wich am sure you will let me know i'll be happy to take them of your hands ( i see a gril inside the car) n i dont think you'll need the block off plate any more thx

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
good.........lord..........
:rolf: That really made me laugh LOL...more then the 36% comment :roll: :P

As far as doing the bay matte black....eh, i thought about it....but I want the bay to look as fresh as the exterior as far as the quality is. I don't want it to look "cheap."

And wipers....yeah, i don't drive it in rain.....:lol:

Oh and I forgot; I picked up some GSR front brakes the other day too...

Last edited:

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1siksivik said:
dam bro. looking good. what u gonna do with no wipers when u take it out and it rains? gonna be hard to see. :laugh: keep the pics and notices coming. gonna look sik.
duh he's just gonna spool up the turbo and go so fast the rain cant hang on to the windshield :roll:

:P

lil soulja58

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks nice but u got alot to do and yea i agree with others how u gettin around during the summer?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lil soulja58 said:
looks nice but u got alot to do and yea i agree with others how u gettin around during the summer?
This isn't the daily. I can ride with my friends or drive my CL...

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hope it all goes well. nice build. how much hp are u expecting to put down? im planning on doin an h22 swap this summer with my buddies. u didnt happen to be driving on I-95 in VA 2 mothes ago did u? i was driving along when i saw a sexy ass yellow hatch pass me which im guessing mighta been u since there arent that many around haha

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k yeah.

Even if it doesn't come out 100% perfect in the engine bay, the clutter will be cleaned up and it will look NICE.

You need to get some black interior though. Gray makes me cringe.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Word black interior would look great!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha nah...I def. wasn't in VA lol

And fr0....I've been thinkin of painting the door panels and the dash black...but I'm scared that it's gonna look shiny and cheap tho...

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
haha nah...I def. wasn't in VA lol

And fr0....I've been thinkin of painting the door panels and the dash black...but I'm scared that it's gonna look shiny and cheap tho...
hit me up if you are looking for some paint for the interior...I bought this dye/paint stuff that I used on my 98 civic. Has no gloss whatsoever...I can take pics of what I did. It was meant to be put through an air gun but to simplify matters I had a local shop put it in rattle cans for me. Works extremely well. As far as vinyl pieces....I seriously dont think it's possible to scratch. The plastic pieces required an agent to help stick but it has stuck tremendously well. No chips/scratches anything in the whole time.

The reason I am making this offer...I had alot more left over than I thought because I didnt do the whole interior like I wanted.

There is no glossy shine s**t to it either. I can take pics or I can even paint some piece and ship it to you as long as you pay shipping. I have some crx interior parts laying around that I dont need. so if you want to look into it. just hit me up man

Status
Not open for further replies.